Chapter 17: Training

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Seconds later he is in our kitchen making breakfast. Coffee is going the usual process that morning on our counter.

" Good morning Baby girl," he kisses my cheek.

" Morning Hondo," I replied.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied with other teammates. I enjoyed my hot chocolate. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team grabbed our stuff that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of us went to our cars or trucks. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head straight to work.

Hondo like always drove us to the headquarters. Both of us went into the building together. I put the lunches in the fridge. Seconds later he did the same thing with our bags in his locker. As for the team appears one by one.

A few minutes after that Captain America picks up my cupcakes. He drove straight to work. Of course, he stops in our kitchen first to drop off the cupcakes then get changed in the locker room. It is a very slow day around the headquarters. My brother greets everyone.

Captain America is going to spar against me. The pair of us get ready and in the ring. Within minutes the match begins. It is four rounds. Out of breath I looked up at him. Right now I don't really care about my sweat rule just want a hug.

I try to place a face, voice, or a piece of equipment to tell me where I am.

"Luca hold your phone please," His roommate asked.

"Okay buddy," Luca replied to him.

He looks through for a picture of them and Duke.

"Who is he my Dreamer," my brother inquired.

"My Duke," I answered in a shaky voice.

Duke is probably barking up a storm. Please, no questions. I just want to catch myself. Luca gave me an understanding glance.

Soon after that he turns my body so it's out of Hondo and Deke's view. As the other three teammates rush to the side of the ring. Two worked on taking off our gloves. I just looked at Luca.

" Dreamer you okay," he asked.

I went to the locker room for a quick bath using his shower gel. Seconds later he enters to do the same thing. I am now in a stall changing into my clothes. After I sat on the bench to put back on my shoes. Captain America join on the bench.

My head is resting on his shoulder as he bends down to tie his shoes. Seconds later I went into the kitchen for a snack and Gatorade. Captain Cortez walks in behind me. You're in here alone T. I am still eating my cupcake.

Come with me you will be more comfortable in my office. I grabbed my drink and followed her. Later on, she joined the guys and Peggy. All of them are in an interrogation with the camera or microphone on. T is in my office right now.

As for Captain America started their conversation. Concerning what happened to earlier with my Dreamer in the ring. She mentioned to us that they had a pacemaker installed when she lived at Graceland.

" How long did you guys know ?" they asked.

" Since day one when she started working here," he replied.

Deke ran to her office. He sat next to me on the couch. T it's okay I am here with you now. A long knowing long is exchanged between. us. You're treating me like I am Lila. I grabbed my drink to take a few sips.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm. Everyone took out our lunches. Conversations are going on throughout out group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away our trash in the bins.

The team went back to work. Both of us stayed in the kitchen. I just heard about your pacemaker from Street. You guys came in after I told him. Hondo looks at me hurt. Within seconds I asked if he is mad at me. At least we know Baby girl.

I went to my stack of work. Once I am finished with that spent time the rest of the afternoon with Luca. Luca is showing now Black Betty works. We restocked the gear they need in it. Our boss didn't take the news too good. Yeah, I know we just talked about that in the kitchen.

Later on, we went into the building together with boxes. He went to the kitchen for a drink. Rocker walks over to me for a short chat. You had an eventful day T. I enjoyed his company. Another hug is given this time by him.

Everyone grabbed our stuff. A good percentage of us exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca and Street were the only two that didn't say anything. We head outside to our cars and trucks. The group of us stood there talking to each other. Minutes after that both the headquarters and parking lot are a ghost town.

Hondo like always drove us home. We put down our stuff by the door. I went to take a quick bath to change. Minutes after that Hondo and Mama H are cooking in the kitchen. Today was another hard day for Baby girl. Once I changed emptied my bay of dirty clothes to put new stuff in.

We found out today that she had a pacemaker installed. It wasn't meant as a lie either. You can't fire me dad. Mama H and I greeted each other. I helped her to get finished with dinner. As for Hondo went to the bathroom to have a shower.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables dishing out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our girls cleared the tables and wiped down every surface with a rag. I unpacked the dishwasher. Mama H washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Our kitchens are now clean.

As soon as you catch the scumbag that hurt my granddaughter, she can stay by me as long as she wants to son. My daughter would pick to stay either here or by Street.

"Who is Street?" his mom asked.

"Street is one of the guys on my team at work," he replied.

Baby girl refers to him as her brother.

Minutes after that Mama H stood to head towards our front door.

"Bye kids," she told us.

"bye mom and grandma," we replied in unison.

The pair of us watched as she pulls off in the direction of her house. Later on, we are on the couch again.

Family time continued in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch. Hondo got me to watch a few shows.

" Good night Baby girl," He told me.

" Night Hondo," I replied.

I went into my room. Minutes after that I slip on my favorite shirt Pedro is waiting for me. Counting sunglasses time begins now. Within minutes I am fast asleep. The team is still watching tv. Laughter is dying down slowly now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own rooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.