Chapter 67: Questioning Bates part 2

I walked into the kitchen. Nate's coming to take you home. We waited for Nate by the ring. A few minutes after he walks into the building. Bye guys see you at home later. Captain America gave me the usual wrists kisses.

Once we arrived home I opened the door and turned off the alarm system. It was hooked up on our last day off. Minutes after that I took a quick bath to change and put my braces on. There's left over food in the fridge. Knowing my brothers, they will get some Hectors for dinner. Hectors makes me feel like I am back home at Graceland.

I slowly made my way over to our room, listening to Duke's heavy paws walking behind me on the tile flooring. Before I could even get comfortable, Duke was quietly sleeping next to the bed. God I love his dog. Seconds later, the familiar sound of an incoming text message pops up on his phone.

Texting

Jimmy: How's my sister?

Nate: She just went for a nap

Jimmy: Our boss told us that he's going to pass to pick her up after work.

He puts down his cell phone.

Soon after that Johnny rang their doorbell. Nate got up to answer it. They greeted each other. I know about my sister already. Your brother texted me after hanging up with you Nate.

The team changes their clothes in our locker room. Everyone else grabs their belongings. A good percentage of them exchanged goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike are the only one to stay quiet. They talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo drove himself home. We put down their bags by the door. I took a quick bath to change. Meanwhile back with Hondo cooking at the stove. The tables are also set group wide.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats. Our drinks are juice for the kids and some beers for us. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boy's vs girl's groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to his room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight, Baby girl," He told them.

" Night Hondo," I replied giving me kisses.

One last stop to my bathroom. I jumped into bed. Pedro is waiting for me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

Phone call

Hondo: Hey Mom

Mom: Baby

Hondo: how are you?

Mom: good and you

Hondo: okay

Mom: Where's my grandbaby?

Hondo: sleep

Mom: you got the scumbag

Hondo: we did... Baby girl didn't take it to good

Mom: give her some love for me

Hondo: bye mom

Mom: Goodnight baby

end of call

Hondo checks on me a few minutes after that for that night. Of course, he decides to stay for my comfort. I felt his arms around my body pulling it closer to his own. You're safe here you know that right Baby girl. My body slowly melts into the curves of body and he runs his fingers through my hair.

Meanwhile back in the family room with the team still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins us in dreamland that night.