Harry: Asthma Attack (1)

Harry POV

Me and Louis just arrived in the airport for our trip back to London. Us and the boys were headed back after a short holiday. We had a tour in about a week, but we had just had a month break and decided to go to Paris, France. Me and Louis basically made it our own, but of course hung out with the boys some days.

We were in the airport waiting for Liam and Niall to arrive and I was feeling a little nervous. I've always hated flying, however when Louis was there it was slightly easier, but I was still worried. Louis must have noticed my distress.

"You alright love?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Not really." I said, shakily running a hand through my hair. "I guess I'm just nervous for the flight."

"You'll be fine Haz. You were fine on the way here." He said, rubbing my arm and then intertwining our fingers.

"I know, but my sleeping medication that I took to sleep on the way here ran out, so I won't be able to fall asleep."

"Well if you think like that love then you'll never be able to sleep. I'm sure you'll be fine." He said chuckling. Then about 5 minutes later Niall and Liam walked in.

"What's up Lou? Haz?" He said and I nodded him off, standing up, and grabbing our luggage. We began walking toward security. We quickly got through and headed to our private jet. We met up with Paul, exchanging with the other security guard that was standing with us.

"What's up Paul?" Niall said. "Ready to go?"

"All set boys. You can head on in and we will be taking off in about 10 minutes." He said, opening the door and allowing us to go inside.

I headed inside and to the back, sitting in the window seat. Louis sat beside me once all the luggage was stored above. I rested my head on his shoulder and he smiled, rubbing my arm to help me get more comfortable.

"All good love?" He asked me, grabbing his headphones and phone.

"I think, still probably won't be able to sleep though." I said.

"Just try now love. If you sleep now while the plane isn't moving, I'm sure you'll be fine." I nodded and eventually drifted off to sleep, while Louis plugged in his headphones and listened to his music.

Louis POV

We were more than halfway through the flight when Harry began to stir. We were going through turbulence and I knew it would wake him, but I was still holding out hope that it wouldn't. I was wrong. Suddenly a large amount of turbulence shook the plane and his eyes shot open. He started shaking with fear and I tried my best to calm him.

"Haz it's okay, just try to calm down. It's just a bit of turbulence." I said, while placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He nodded but he was still very tense.

"I-I'm t-trying, but I-I c-can't." He said, his breathing picking up and becoming very shallow.

"Haz you have to try to breathe. Here." I placed his hand on my chest and tried to exaggerate my breathing for him to follow but it wasn't working. Liam must have noticed our distress and came over to investigate.

"You guys alright?" I shook my head no while continuing to try to calm Harry down.

"He's panicking and I can't seem to calm him. Can you grab his inhaler from my bag?" Liam nodded and quickly grabbed his inhaler, shaking it before handing it to me.

"There's only 2 pumps left, so use it sparingly." I nodded as Harry began wheezing, so I knew that he would need to use it.

"Haz try to take a deep breath so that it can work. There are only 2 pumps left." He nodded shakily and tried the first one, but it didn't seem to do anything, so we tried again, and still nothing.

"Li, can you see if there is another inhaler in my bag? This one didn't do anything to help him." I asked, while keeping a watchful eye on Harry.

"Yeah, yeah, course." He quickly began searching, Niall now up to try to help him, but he came up empty.

"Go grab Paul and tell him we need to land the plane. Now!" I shouted as Harry's lips began turning blue and he was half conscious. I had to keep him awake, so I began shaking him.

"Harry please keep your eyes open, okay? And try to take a deep breath." I said, beginning to panic myself. I had to stay calm for Harry's sake. Then, Liam came back with Paul.

"We are about 2 minutes away from landing in London. He just has to hold on. They'll have an ambulance ready for him. Harry!" Paul shouted at the end and I realized that Harry had fully closed his eyes. Paul helped me pick him up and sit him on the floor where he wasn't restrained by the seat belt. Sitting someone up is supposed to help them breathe, but nothing seemed to be working. I slapped his face and his eyes were fluttering for about a minute and then they stopped.

"Paul what are we going to do? We are losing him!" I shouted in a full on panic.

"He still has a pulse." I nodded and it seemed to take forever to land the plane, but finally we did and the paramedics were waiting outside the plane. Paul carried Harry out and set him down on the gurney as they began to examine him.

"Do you guys know what happened?" One guy asked as he started an IV, while the other was checking his breathing and placing him on a monitor.

"He had an asthma attack and his inhaler had run out. We tried to use what little was left, but it didn't help." I said, my voice shaking. "Just help him."

"We will do our best." He said as they loaded Harry into the ambulance and closed the doors. I tried to follow inside but they stopped me as Harry's condition was critical and they wouldn't allow me to go with him. Paul drove the rest of us to the hospital. We arrived quickly and were told to wait for news in the waiting room.