All: Lightning Strike (2)

I was wheeled into a private room as my injuries weren't very severe. I was visited by two different doctors, an ENT and a burn specialist.

"Hi you must be Harry. I'm Dr. Alex, the ENT and this is Dr. Smith, the burn specialist. Are you doing alright?" Dr. Alex was taking my vitals, while Dr. Smith examined the burns on my legs.

"I-I g-guess." I stuttered slightly, still nervous and scared for my friends.

"Okay, so there doesn't appear to be any damage to your ear, just residual from the lightning strike. The ringing should go away in about a day or two. Dr. Smith?" He smiled and looked toward Dr. Smith.

"Harry these appear to be first degree burns, which means the treatment is very simple. It's very similar to a sunburn. I'll have a nurse come in and apply lidocaine and aloe vera gel to help the burn go away. Then she'll loosely wrap it for the night. She can give you some ibuprofen for the pain as well. Do you have any other questions?" The doctor. asked when a nurse came in with a bunch of supplies in her hands.

"Do you know anything about my other friends?" The doctor went to reply, when the nurse jumped in.

"I do. I'll give you an update. Anything else doctors?" They both shook their head no and gave their goodbyes.

"I'll be by in the morning Harry to check on the progress of the burn, but otherwise get well soon." He shook my hand and both of the doctors left the room. I turned toward the nurse who started on the burns.

"Okay so this might sting a little, but I gave you some ibuprofen to help with the pain, so it shouldn't be too bad."

"Okay and my friends?"

"Oh yes." She began applying the lidocaine. "Niall is fully conscious and getting treatment for his burns as well. His are second degree, so he has some blisters but the treatment is very similar. He is also on some antibiotics and fluids as he had a cut on his knee when he fell that got some debris but it was cleaned out and should be healing well. Liam is semi-conscious and on oxygen as his breathing was slightly irregular. He is mostly bruised on his chest and stomach and has some bruised ribs, but he doesn't have burns or anything like that, so he should be fine."

"Am i able to see them? And what about Louis?" I asked, as I still hadn't heard anything about Louis' condition.

"Niall and Liam are sharing a room, so once I'm finished with you, then I can take you to them. And Louis is in the worst condition. He had a burn on the back of the head, as you know. It's second degree but it's not as bad as it could have been. He broke two vertebrae in his cervical spine, which is from the bottom of his head through his neck, and is currently in surgery for a spinal fusion. His spinal cord was contused, but it should be fine. The worst thing he'll experience is numbness and tingling in his limbs, but it should be fine and go away in like a week. He'll be in a neck brace for about 2 weeks to allow the bones to heal properly, then he has to take it easy for about 2 months to ensure proper healing, as we don't want those bones to heal improperly. I know it sounds scary, but I can assure you that he'll be fine. His surgery should only be about an hour longer and then you can see him." I just sighed in shock, but there was nothing I could really do. So I just asked to see Niall and Liam.

"Can I go see Niall and Liam please?"

"Yes of course. Do you want me to call anyone for you? Parents? Significant other?" The nurse asked. She clearly didn't know that Louis and I are together.

"You can call my mum and my boyfriend is in the operating room, so.." I trailed off and started fidgeting with my fingers.

"Oh I'm sorry darling. Nobody told me that you guys were together. I'm sorry." She said helping me into the wheelchair.

"It's fine. I didn't exactly imply that he was my boyfriend. Can we just go?"

"Yes, let's go." She wheeled me down the hall to another private room. 2 nurses had just left the room, placing two clipboards in the holder outside the room. My nurse knocked on the door and wheeled me in. I saw Niall sitting on his bed, legs crossed and head in his hands. He looked up and immediately saw me.

"Harry!" He went to get up but my nurse stopped him.

"No you need to stay in bed right now. I'll wheel him to you." I reached out to him and stood on my legs, even though it hurt to give him a hug.

"Harry you need to sit down too. Please." The nurse pulled me away and Niall let go. "I'll leave you guys alone for now, but press the call button if you need anything. I'll probably be back with an update on Louis."

"Thanks." I turned and gave her a simile before turning my attention back to Niall. "Are you okay Niall?"

"Yea. I mean my arm hurts a bit, but it's not that bad. And the cut on my leg is pretty sore, but I'm alright otherwise. You?"

"Yeah same. Legs hurt a bit and my ears are still ringing, but otherwise fine. What 'bout Liam?" I asked moving closer to Niall.

"He's still pretty out of it. And they have an oxygen mask on him as his oxygen stats were low. He's conscious but he's not talking and doesn't seem to really understand what's going on." Niall said looking over to a sleeping Liam. "I don't know, I'm just worried. What happened to your eye?"

"The doctor said I popped some blood vessels, but it's nothing serious. Just looks like I got beat up a little bit." I chuckled and so did Niall.

"What about Lou? I haven't really heard anything about his condition."

"He's in surgery to fix the broken bones in his back. And he has a burn on the back of his head, but it's not serious. He'll be in a neck brace for a couple weeks and can't do any strenuous activity for 2 months after that. But he'll recover." I smiled weakly. We spent the next hour talking when all of a sudden Liam began to stir. The monitor went off and me and Niall exchanged concerned looks, so I pressed the nurse button.

"What's wrong?" A nurse said, coming in rather quickly. He noticed Liam's distress and tried to calm him. "He's having a panic attack. Can I get some help in here?" But before anyone else could come in, I went to Liam's side. I stood up, even though it hurt and grabbed Liam's hand, trying to calm him.

"Liam! It's me. It's Harry. Please stop! They are trying to help you." The oxygen mask on Liam's face was inhibiting his voice, but once he made eye contact with me, he seemed to calm down. Either that or the pain meds that were injected into his IV started to kick in. "Good job, just breathe."

"Is he okay Harry?" Niall asked, unable to get up from his bed.

"Yeah he's fine. I think he was confused and scared." I looked back toward Liam whose breathing seemed to even out, so I took the oxygen mask off his face and pulled him gently into a hug.

"Harry, gosh you're okay? And Niall you too?" He asked.

"We are fine, just glad you're alright. Just take it easy mate. You've got some bruised ribs and some bruises along your chest and stomach. But we are all fine." I explained Niall and I's injuries. Then he asked about Louis, which I explained as well. We all sat and talked for a while before Niall and Liam both fell asleep, while I just stared out the window, waiting for an update on Louis' condition.