Harry: Fainting Disorder (2)

Harry POV

When I woke up, I was mad at myself for not telling Louis about my disorder, but at the same time I didn't want him worrying all the time about me and having to rely on him to drive me places, so I decided I just wasn't going to tell him.

That morning, me and Louis were both going to our separate studios early, so we both got up around 6, ate breakfast, showered, and changed before heading out the door together.

"What time do you think you'll be home tonight Haz?" He asked, locking the front door behind us as we walked out.

"Probably 5. You?" I said, taking his hand and leading him to his car.

"Yeah same. Meet you back at home?" He questioned.

"Of course love." We kissed and then got in our separate cars and went on our way. About halfway through the drive to work, I started to stress myself out because the traffic was backed up and I was stressing about the tour. When the traffic finally started clearing, I felt my heart rate slow and knew I was going to faint. I pulled over as quickly as possible, placing the car in park ,before I fainted in the front seat.

I woke up again about 5 minutes later and I knew I was going to be late, but I couldn't drive again for about 10 minutes to be sure I wasn't going to faint again. It was getting to the point where I was fainting everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. This was severely impacting my life and I was putting my life at risk when I drove, but I didn't want this to get in the way of my everyday life, but it was anyways.

I continued the drive and got there unscaved, but management was angry for me being late. I told them about the traffic but they weren't having it, so I just ignored them and got to work.

I had fainted twice already that day by the time lunch came around. I couldn't tell if it was just from stress or what, but I was struggling to focus on my work. My manager came around during my lunch to have a 'talk'

"Harry what is up with you lately?" He asked, sitting across from me. "You were late this morning, putting us all about a day behind on the work. You take so many bathroom breaks that we can't even get one thing done without interruption. And don't make up some lazy excuse like you did this morning." He was right. The bathroom break was when I needed to faint, along with actually using the bathroom. But I couldn't tell him that of course.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know. Maybe I just need some time off or-" I was interrupted.

"We gave you a day off yesterday, plus you are in the middle of planning a world tour. If you push it back further, the tour will never happen. Plus you have a music video to finish along with the jingle ball coming up. There is no time for vacation." I nodded and sighed reluctantly. "Now pull yourself together or your tour is off." He stood up angrily and left me alone. I was feeling really stressed and went off to the bathroom, once again to faint.

I left work right at 5. I wanted to leave around 4:30 to actually get home on time, but my manager wouldn't let me go until I finalized most of the tour dates, which I did. I still couldn't believe that he threatened my tour.

I began the drive home and sat in traffic once again, but I was mostly focused on how my feet hurt a lot. I stood up basically all day, which isn't good for my disorder. About 5 minutes pass and I'm in the left most lane when I suddenly feel faint. I had no time to pull over and the last thing I remember is my car drifting towards a nearby tree.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up in an ambulance with a massive headache and pain coming from my ankle. I started to panic, but the paramedic that was watching over me put a hand on my shoulder in an effort to calm me down.

"Hey it's okay." He removed the oxygen from my face. "Can I have your name bud?"

"It's Harry. Harry Styles." He nodded, writing it down. "Do you have my phone? I need to call my boyfriend."

"They can call him at the hospital. Your phone was crushed in the wreck. Do you remember what happened?" He asked.

"I only remember fainting and drifting off the road. Then I woke up here." He nodded again, writing it down. "My head really hurts and my ankle too."

"You slammed your head on the steering wheel when you hit the tree, so you most likely have a concussion, which will explain your headache. And part of your car was dented, so your ankle was caught in that. Doesn't look broken to me, but they'll have to take x-rays." I nodded and closed my eyes to shield them from the light. "Do you faint often? Or do you know why you fainted?"

I bit my lip, as i was anxious to tell him the real reason why, but he was a medical professional and should definitely know.

"I have vasovagal syncope." I said and he wrote it down on the chart. "I was recently diagnosed, so I haven't told many people, but I really shouldn't be driving"

"Yes you are lucky that this wasn't more serious. Does your boyfriend know?" I shook my head no. "You should tell him."

"I can't." He tilted his head in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because then he'll constantly worry about me, because that's who he is, and I don't want to be a burden or have to rely on medication. Guess I learned my lesson."

"Look buddy, I know I don't know you very well, but he deserves to know. Just tell him that you don't want to be treated differently as long as you are willing to try medication to help with your fainting." I nodded as his partner yelled that we were pulling into the hospital.

"Thanks. Can you call him please?" He nodded and I was wheeled into the hospital, falling back into unconsciousness.