Harry: Cancer (2)

Harry POV

The MRI was awful. I'm slightly claustrophobic so I was scared and they had to redo the pictures a few times cause I couldn't sit still, so it took longer than expected. They wheeled me, yes in a wheelchair, back to the room where Louis was waiting. They helped me into bed and told us that the doctor would be in with the results in a few minutes.

"How was it?" Louis asked. I shrugged, leaning into him and placing my head on his shoulder.

"They had to redo it a few times cause I couldn't stop shaking." He nodded and ran his hand through my curls. "I'm just scared."

"I know darling, but we will get through this." I nodded and we waited for the doctor to return with the results.

He eventually came in, and the vibe he brought into the room, I could already tell that it was bad news and probably my worst fear. I think that I could read his face and already knew, so I said it before he even had the chance.

"It's cancer." I said coldly as me and Louis sat up. Louis whipped his head to look at me, but I didn't meet his eyes and just looked at the doctor. Louis looked at the doctor who stayed silent for a minute as he sat down on his stool.

"Yes. It is." He took a deep breath and Louis squeezed my hand for support as the doctor began. "But as I stated before, it's only stage two. It's official name is stage two osteosarcoma, which is cancer in the bone. However, your cancer has not spread to any other parts of the body, so it'll be a lot easier to treat."

"So what's the first step?" Louis asked and I nodded.

"The first step will be to remove the mass from his knee as soon as possible. Today is Friday, so we will do it tomorrow, just to get it done quickly. After that, we do chemotherapy. This is mostly just a precaution just to be sure that the cancer is killed and doesn't return, or relapse." The doctor flipped his page on his clipboard. "For this cancer we will do 12 rounds of chemo over the course of 4 weeks. For the first two weeks, you will have 4 rounds a week, and then the last two you will have 2 rounds a week. After the month of doing chemo, we will run tests to be sure the cancer is gone and then you will be deemed cancer free. Any questions?"

"I have to stay in the hospital correct?" I asked and he nodded. "Is Louis able to stay with me?"

"Of course!" He said. "You'll be moved to your permanent room on the cancer wing after your surgery, which has plenty of room for an extra bed, plus you'll have your own private bathroom, so it'll be a nice luxury considering you are in a hospital." I nodded as the doctor gathered up his things. "Alright, since you don't have any other questions, I'll have a nurse come in and set you up on some fluids and bring you some dinner. You can't eat after midnight tonight in preparation for your surgery, so plan accordingly. I'll see you both in the morning." We shook the doctor's hand and he left. As soon as he left I broke down crying, as I was trying to hold it in that entire time he was talking.

"Harry." Louis said, bringing me in for a hug. "Hey it's gonna be okay."

"What if it's not? Why me!" I shouted and I felt him flinch slightly, so I felt guilty for scaring him. "I'm sorry."

"No don't be sorry darling." he said kissing my temple. "It's okay to be feeling this way. But we are going to get through this okay? One day at a time." I nodded, but I was still reluctant to trust what he was saying was true.

"I'm scared." He nodded.

"I know. Me too, but we are going to do this. We will start with the surgery tomorrow, then like I said, take it one day at a time, okay?"

"Okay." I said and leaned up to kiss him, which he immediately kissed back.

****Time skip to start of surgery****