Louis: Soccer Match (2)

After about an hour of meetings, and warmups, we were finally about to start the game. I had met up with Niall, who was actually playing on the opposite team. We got into our starting positions and I realized that me and Niall would be playing against each other because of our positions.

The match was going really well actually. Time and time again I would look over at Harry, who was sitting by Liam. He would always give me a thumbs up or a reassuring smile and mouth 'you're doing great'. He was honestly the best. He was always there to support me and that was just really nice.

More minutes passed through the match and I realized that most of the guys I was up against were huge and really muscular. Except Niall. At one point one of the guys bumped into me on purpose, sneaking in a snarky comment.

"What the hell man?" I asked as he turned around to look at me.

"Look I get this is a charity match and it's not supposed to mean much, but faggots like you shouldn't be out here." He said and started to walk away, but I put my hand on his shoulder and stopped him.

"Fuck you!" I wanted to punch him so badly, but I had to keep my composure, as there were kids watching.

"You're going to pay for that." He said, rolling his eyes and going back to his position on the field. Great.

A little while later, I was dribbling down the field. Niall couldn't keep up with me. Then the guy that spoke to me earlier in the game was running towards me. I passed the ball to my teammate in the middle, but that guy didn't stop. He knocked me over with a huge shove and what seemed like purposefully stepped on my ankle.

"That's what you get, faggot." The guy walked away and seemed to be pissed off.

I had heard my ankle crack and knew that it was bad. I went to the ground with a thud, holding onto my ankle. I heard cheers, so I assumed that my teammate had scored, but I just couldn't get up. I felt Niall's presence beside me, trying to ask what happened and what hurt, but I was just in so much pain and I was just out of it.

Harry POV

It was toward the end of the match, and I was watching Louis dribble down the field. Niall was trailing him, but Louis was too fast. He passed the ball to his teammate, which I watched his teammate take the ball and score. The stadium erupted in cheers and I watched for Louis, but noticed he was on the ground, holding his ankle. I saw Niall go over to him as a big muscular guy walked away from him, seeming to say something to Louis. I wanted to jump over the gate that was keeping me from him, but Liam held me back.

"Just wait until they bring him off. Want to meet him in the locker room?" I nodded, grabbing all my stuff and getting up. Liam was right behind me and we both headed to the locker room.

Louis POV

I don't really remember much after Niall came over, but the only thing I remember is being lifted onto a little stretcher and hearing the claps of the audience. I was brought into the locker room and placed on the ground, as a doctor came over and started to examine me. And then I heard Harry come in.

"Lou!" He came to my side, but it hurt so bad. "What happened baby?"

"I-I was r-running a-and- OW!" I screamed in pain as the team doctor tried to take off my shoe, but he stopped when heard me yell. "Stop please!"

"Okay so judging by your pain and the swelling that is already occurring, it's most likely broken, but we have to get you to a hospital for further testing. And i won't try to remove the shoe until we get you some pain meds, okay?" I nodded as we waited for the ambulance to arrive. The game had finished by the time they arrived and I saw the guy that had intentionally hurt me come in and walk very close to me. I tensed and started to back away, but it hurt too much. Harry noticed my distress and tried to hold me down.

"Don't move darling. You don't want it to hurt it worse." He said, grabbing hold of my hand.

"No, no, no, no. You don't understand. H-He had-" I broke down sobbing, as the paramedics walked in. They surrounded me, trying to push Harry back, but I refused to let him go, so they just had to deal with Harry being there.

"Hi honey. I'm Jessica and I'm going to help you out. Does anything besides your ankle hurt?" I shook my head no and she continued her exam. "We have to try to get your shoe off to examine your ankle. Can I-" I cut her off.

"No! It hurts too much. Please don't. Harry please don't let her."

"Okay, okay, I won't. Let's get you in the ambulance and get on our way." I was then placed on a stretcher and then rolled into the ambulance. "Dave, can I get an IV start kit please." She asked the other paramedic, who handed it to her and then got in the driver's seat. Harry sat beside me and buckled himself in as we began the journey to the hospital. "Okay Louis, so you are clearly in a lot of pain, so I'm going to give you this mask to place over your mouth and nose. This gas will help you relax and may make you feel a little funny, but trust me it'll help. Then I'll start you on an IV to give you some pain meds." She placed the mask over my mouth and nose and she told me just to take deep breaths. I didn't even feel the IV go in and the pain meds started to kick in really quickly.