Louis: Thunderstorm (2)

Harry POV

I had left the studio early then I wanted to, but I knew that with the storm and Louis being alone, he would be scared. I started the drive home and the storm became worse and it seemed to knock the power out. It was very windy with huge branches in yards and the street, so I had to go a lot slower and it took me way longer to get home than I thought. I decided to call Louis to let him know that I was on my way, but he never answered, which made me even more concerned.

I pulled into our driveway and noticed the house was pitch black besides for a small light in the bedroom window. Louis probably lit the candle and was in our bedroom. I rushed through the front door before I noticed one of the back windows was broken with a branch sticking through it. I'll worry about that later, I thought and rushed up the stairs to find our bedroom door closed. I knocked gently, but got no response, so I opened it slowly. Louis was there on the bed, knees to his chest, shaking and crying, rocking himself back and forth.

"Lou?" I called out to him, but he was so caught up in a panic attack that he most likely didn't even know I was home. As I made my way closer to him, I could hear his breathing and it was very irregular and he seemed to be gasping for air. He was staring straight ahead at the window on the other side of the room and he still had his glasses on. I sat down next to him, which made him flinch slightly.

Louis POV

I hadn't realized that Harry was home until he sat next to me and took my glasses off my face, wiping some of my tears with the pad of his thumb. He also reached for his inhaler in his bedside drawer, assuming to help with my breathing, which I was still struggling with.

"Here take this Lou. It'll help." I just nodded and he placed the inhaler between my lips, releasing the medicine. It helped get rid of the tightness in my chest and I was able to slow my breathing down.

"Are you okay baby?" He asked and I nodded weakly as he took me into my embrace. "You're shaking Lou."

"I-I-" I just couldn't speak because I was still shaken up. He just hugged me tight and rubbed my back until my sobs died down and we were just sitting there in silence, apart from my soft sniffles and the sound of the rain outside. The sound of the music that I was playing earlier made us both jump, but it meant the power came back on.

"Oh good. The power came back on." Harry said, still hugging me. "You okay now?"

"I-I guess. I just can't stop shaking." I said showing Harry my hand that was shaking quite a bit.

"That's okay babe. Sometimes after a panic attack your symptoms last, even though it's mostly over. Let's go downstairs and eat some dinner shall we?" He asked, holding out his hand. I nodded and took it and he led me downstairs to the kitchen where I saw the broken window.

"Oh gosh. What the hell?" I said examining the damage.

"Guess the wind knocked a branch from that tree-" He pointed to the tree outside, "And knocked it through the window. You didn't hear it?"

"I did, but I don't know. I think that started my panic." I said, sitting down at the island as Harry began to prep food.

Harry and I ate dinner then relaxed on the couch watching some random tv shows. My shaking had finally disappeared and we both went to bed quite early that night, as we were both quite tired. It was still raining outside and I was slightly concerned, but with Harry holding me, I was okay.