Louis: Falling (3)

Harry POV

I sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes when Liam arrived. He had to stop back at home before he came to the hospital with me and Louis.

"How is he?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"He's still getting his scan, but they had to sedate him because he was panicking too much, which is understandable. I can't even begin to think of how he feels. I feel so bad." I put my head in my hands and Liam put his hand on my back.

"Look I'm sure he'll be fine." He said rubbing my back.

"I know. I'm just still worried." He nodded and pulled me into a hug. We sat around for another 20 minutes or so before the doctor came into the room. I stood up, Liam right behind and went over to him.

"Okay so during a concussion the brain hits part of the skull. When he hit his head the part that perceives vision was slightly damaged. His vision should come back within the next week, so there is nothing to be worried about. I'm going to prescribe some eye drops that will help with it. It'll be a slow process, starting with his vision being very blurry and then slowly starting to perceive images again. His eyes will be very sensitive for the next few weeks, so we just have to keep him in a dark environment or just wear sunglasses if he has to go out." The doctor explained.

"But he'll see again?" I asked.

"Yes he'll see again. He will need help so patience will be key to keep him calm. Would you like to see him? He should just be coming out of his anesthesia."

"Yes please." We started to walk, but I realized that Liam wasn't following me. "Liam?"

"I'll see you later okay? My mum is calling me. Tell him I said get better!" He yelled walking out of the hospital as I made my way down to the hospital room. I entered Louis' room and he was still sleeping. I sat down beside him and waited for him to wake up.

About 15 minutes later I didn't notice when Louis began to stir and wake up. I noticed when he started breathing really fast and he was reaching for something, but I wasn't sure what.

"Lou it's okay." I reached for his hand and he took it. He seemed to calm when he knew I was there and that was comforting.

"It's so bright in here." He said. I didn't take note of what he said at first, but when I realized, I just about shouted.

"Yea I know." I said. "Wait! You can see?" I shouted, pushing his fringe out of his eyes.

"Kind of?" He questioned. Then just on time, the doctor came back to the room.

"Ah Louis I see you're awake. Are you able to see anything?" He asked, flashing a light in Louis' eyes, which caused him to flinch slightly, meaning that he noticed the light. "You reacted to the light."

"It's like really blurry, but yeah kind of. I have a bit of a headache though." He said, rubbing his head.

"That's normal. You do have a concussion. And the fact that you are seeing something already is improvement. I have some eye drops for you that should help. You need to take them 3 times a day for the next week. Take them even if your vision fully returns. They will help your eyes recover from the trauma. Once I get all the paperwork together, you can head back home." He said putting his hand out, shaking mine first, then went to Louis. But Louis didn't know that he had his hand out.

"Lou he is trying to shake your hand." I said, chuckling quietly. He put his hand out and the doctor left.

"Hey don't laugh. Not like I could see it." He said, swinging his legs to the side of the bed. I gave him my sunglasses as he is supposed to wear them to protect his eyes from the light. I guided him to the car and we went home. We went inside and I got him comfortable on the couch.

"Do you think you'll be okay for a few minutes while I go pick up your prescription?" I asked.

"Yeah I think so. I'll probably just take a nap because I'm still tired from the anesthesia."

"Ok sounds good babe. Don't try to get up okay? I don't want you getting hurt." I said.

"Okay. Now go so you can get back." I nodded and got up, grabbing my keys and heading out the door. "I'll be back." I shouted.

Louis POV

I tried to fall asleep, but my bladder was keeping me awake. I really needed to go and Harry called me (A/N: Just pretend he could answer the phone) telling me that he was going to stop at the store on his way home, so there was no way that I was going to hold it for that long. I knew my house pretty well and I could see shadows and light, so I was pretty confident that I could bring myself to the bathroom.

I used the back of my hand to guide myself along the wall to the bathroom. I made it successfully and sat down, as I didn't trust myself to stand. I stood up and washed my hands. I was kind of hungry and thirsty, so I made my way, slowly and carefully, to the kitchen. I knew we had some fruit on the counter, so I just sat on the counter and ate that. Then I tried to find a glass for some water, but I was struggling. I finally found one and filled it with water, but when I went to place it back on the counter, it fell off and shattered as it hit the floor. I was still on the counter, but I didn't have my phone to call Harry, so i just stayed there.

A few minutes had passed and the counter was getting uncomfortable. I jumped down off the counter, but must have stepped on some glass because I felt a sharp pain in the bottom of my foot. I didn't want to move further, so I just had to wait for Harry to come home. I noticed that I could kind of see my foot though, so my vision was definitely improving, which was good.