Louis: Love at Second Sight (3)

Louis POV

It's been two weeks in this hospital. As much as I enjoy seeing Harry and the boys, I hate it here. The night after Harry placed the chest tube, he was able to remove it. He's still unsure as to why my lung collapsed, which is one of the reasons he is keeping me here for so long. He doesn't want my lung to collapse if I leave.

Speaking of leaving, I don't really know where I'm supposed to go if I leave. I guess I'm supposed to go back to Doncaster, but I'm scared that Stan will find me. I have a feeling Harry is going to offer his place, but I don't want to make him feel like he has to host me. Gosh that sounds so bad, but you know what I mean. And speaking of Harry, he suddenly knocks and comes in.

"Hey Lou." He said and I smiled. "We are discharging you tomorrow. You'll be on crutches for a few more weeks, but at least you will be out of here." He sat on the edge of the bed and I started to feel safer now that he was here.

"That's good." I said quietly. "I'll have to get a train ticket or something."

"Lou." He said, moving closer to me and taking my hand. I didn't protest, so I continued. "You can't go back."

"Where am I supposed to go? I don't have that much money, I mean I could get a job, but where am I supposed to stay for the meantime."

"Lou-"

"I don't want to go back, but I can't keep-" Harry cut me off by putting his finger to my lips, in which I blushed hard, and that made him smile. I looked down at my lap when he took his fingers away.

"Look at me." He said and I immediately obeyed. "As much as I want you to be independent, I have a guest room and plenty of space. You can stay with me."

"A-are you s-sure? I come with a lot and I don't want you to have to feel the need to house me."

"I'm positive. It's not like I have any financial trouble with my job nor are you any sort of problem. Your "baggage" that you claim to have, I've dealt with a lot of it, probably more, so please don't worry about anything like that. And if you haven't noticed we definitely have some sort of attraction, don't even deny it, which I'm fine with, but we will take things slow if they go anywhere, understand?"

"Yeah, thank you. I really do appreciate it." I smiled and he nodded. "Can I have a hug?"

"Of course." We maneuvered the best we could so he could hug and once we made contact, I couldn't help but feel very emotional at his kindness, especially with how much of a jerk I was to him.

"It's alright. Just let it out." We sat hugging for almost 5 minutes. I eventually pulled away when my sobs reduced to small sniffles. "Okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry for crying on you and ruining your shirt." He chuckled softly.

"It's okay. The hospital provides the scrubs anyways." That made me giggle slightly and he smiled brightly at me.

"Gosh you're so cute." He said and I was blushing hard. We sat in silence just staring at each other, but it was creating so much sexual tension. I wasn't surprised when he brought his hand up to my cheek and brought us together so our lips connected in a sweet kiss.

He took it so gently and it was much better than whenever Stan had kissed me. It felt amazing but he pulled back just as I was starting to really enjoy it.

"Was that alright?" He asked. He was a blushing mess as well.

"I-it was amazing." He chuckled.

"Well this does mean a few things. Like I said before, we will take it slow. And I won't be able to be your doctor because, one, it'll probably get in the way of my decision making, and two, you aren't supposed to work on people too close with or in a relationship with."