Harry: Fainting Disorder (1)

Harry POV

Arriving home from the doctors hearing that news just put me down even more and I was nervous to tell anyone.

The doctor explained my disorder quite simply, but when I looked it up when I left the office, I was scared that I would never be the same. A few weeks ago I started fainting when I got really emotional or put too much stress on my body. The doctor said it's called vasovagal syncope, which basically means that my heart rate slows and blood pressure drops when I experience heavy emotions. It reduces blood flow to the brain and makes me faint. He said that it developed over time, but it also means big changes for the future.

I drove home and was nervous the whole time, as the doctor said I should stop driving as if I get stressed I could pass out at the wheel and then cause a lot more problems. I was just scared to tell anyone, so I didn't. The doctor also said that there is a medication to help it, but I didn't want to take meds, so I declined. He said that if it gets worse, he'll put me on it.

I had a feeling that it would get worse, and I was right. Being a singer-songwriter, added to the stress of everyday life. Along with traveling, tour, long nights, etc, it just adds to the stress. I'd only fainted in front of anyone twice and I just told them that I was overworked, which was partly true, but also I had a disorder with symptoms that could be somewhat prevented.

I arrived home and after researching my disorder, I got myself some food and watched some random tv shows. Louis came home a bit later and I didn't actually tell him I went to the doctors.

"Hi love." He said, kissing my forehead and sitting beside me. It was about 8 pm when he came home.

"Hi." I said. "How was your day?"

"It was good, but stressful. Writing an album is a lot of work."

"Oh I know babe, but I'm sure it's going great." He smiled and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"How was your day off?" He asked.

"I worked out some more tour dates and saw the final preview of my new music video."

"I thought you had the day off." He said, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"Yeah I did."

"Haz if you work on your days off, then you'll never get a proper break. You don't want to put too much stress on yourself babe."

"I know it's just scheduling a tour is just stressing me out and I can't just not work on it because then I think about it and can't focus on doing anything else, which just stresses me out more." I was getting worked up and I could feel my heart rate slow, which meant I was most likely going to faint, so I excused myself to the bathroom.

I made my way into the bathroom and sat on the closed toilet seat. I put my head in between my knees which usually seems to work, but it wasn't this time and eventually I found myself falling forward and crashing on the bathroom floor.

Louis POV

Harry had been in the bathroom a few minutes and soon I heard a loud bang come from behind the closed door. I hurried over and gently knocked on the door.

"Haz? You alright?" I asked, but there was no answer. "Haz!" I continued knocking on the door, but he still didn't answer, so I slowly opened the door to find Harry face down on the floor. "Oh my gosh. Harry?" I turned him on his back and shook his shoulders and slapped his face gently to try to get him to wake up. He stirred after a few minutes and opened his eyes confusedly.

"What the-" He began but I shushed him.

"Did you faint darling?" He nodded and I helped him sit up. From the look in his eyes, he was nervous, so I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey it's fine. You're probably just tired. Come on let's go to bed." Harry just nodded again and didn't say anything further, so I helped him to stand and guided him to our bedroom, where he practically fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

"Goodnight Haz." I kissed his lips and he stirred gently. I then went to clean myself up and get in bed with him. I fell asleep after about 15 minutes.