Harry: Stomach Flu (2)

Harry POV

I woke up around 2 pm and tried to call out to Louis, but there was no response. I had no energy to get up, but then I noticed the small piece of paper on the coffee table.

Hazza,

I left to get some groceries around 1, be back around 2. Don't try to get up unless you need to. Just try and rest. Also drink your gatorade so that you don't get dehydrated. Luv you

Louis

I tried to drink some gatorade, but it just made my stomach churn more and I couldn't drink it. I had a slight headache, so I assumed that I was already slightly dehydrated. I had thrown up again, but this time just used the bowl, as I didn't have the energy to get up to go to the bathroom.

I was rinsing my mouth out when I heard the front door open, revealing Louis with the grocery bags. He dropped them and then came over to me, who probably looked worse than what I did that morning.

"You throw up again?" I nodded and he just gave me a hug, trying to make me feel better. "Were you able to drink anything?"

"No it just made me throw up. I'm scared to drink anything now." I said, getting myself comfortable again.

"I know but you have to try to drink something." He said.

"I did and it just made me throw up. Now I have a headache and I can't get comfortable on this stupid couch." I shouted slightly, making my headache worse. "Please just leave me alone."

"Okay I'll be in the kitchen." I immediately felt guilty because I always get super irritated when I'm sick and every little thing throws me off and makes me angry. It's not his fault and he knows how I get, but that doesn't mean I still don't feel bad.

I still couldn't get comfortable after 10 minutes and I was feeling okay, so I decided to try and get up and go to the kitchen to apologize to Louis. I stood up and a dizzy spell came on so I sat down and waited for it to pass. I could hear Louis shuffling around in the kitchen, so I got up again and started to make my way slowly into the kitchen. He noticed me right away and came over to me, as I was a little unsteady on my feet.

"Harry what are you doing?" He said sympathetically. "You're supposed to be resting. Come on let's get you back-" I cut him off.

"No please I wanted to get up. I can't get comfortable on that couch. And I wanted to apologize for what I said." He sat me down at the kitchen island.

"Oh babe no it's okay. I know how you get when you're sick, so I don't take offense to it." He said rubbing my back.

"I know, but it still doesn't make it right. And i always feel guilty when I talk to you like that." I said putting my head in my hands.

"Don't please, it's okay. Want to go lay down in the bed?" He asked, helping me up. I just nodded and he started to guide me to the stairs, when he stopped. "Stay here for one second and I'll grab your pillow and blanket." He left me standing at the stairs and I felt the dizziness return and I couldn't stop myself from falling.

Louis POV

I left Harry at the stairs for two seconds and then I heard a bang. I ran over to him and he was on the floor, a familiar sight, like when I woke up that morning. I tried to shake him awake and slap his cheek, but he wasn't budging. Then a knock came from the door. I was confused at who it could be as we weren't expecting visitors. However the door was unlocked, so I yelled to the outsiders.

"It's open!"

"Hey guys we thought we would-" It was Liam speaking, Niall right behind him. He stopped mid sentence and ran over to our situation on the floor. "What happened to Harry?" He asked, panicking slightly.

"He's sick, probably the stomach flu or something. He hasn't really drunk anything, so I think it's just dehydration, but I think we need to take him to the hospital." I said as I took Harry's head on my lap and brushed his curls from his face. "What are you guys doing here anyway?"

"Well we thought we would surprise you guys and maybe just hang out and watch movies, but clearly we came at the right time. Let's get him to the car." Liam lifted Harry gently, putting him in the back of his car. I took his head in my lap and continued to try to get him to wake up, but there was no luck.

We pulled up to the ER a few minutes later and Liam went in to get a nurse or someone to help us. Two nurses came out and put Harry on the gurney and brought him back to a room. I was allowed back with him as they were examining him.

"So what happened?" The nurse asked. I explained how Harry was sick and wasn't drinking, then he passed out for the second time that day and that I believed he was just very dehydrated as he had a headache and dizziness. The nurse nodded and took his vitals. They started an IV and drew some blood to run some basic tests. They started him on fluids right away and moved us to a private room where Niall and Liam could be with us as well. They also gave him some medicine to reduce his fever and settle his stomach. Soon a doctor came in with the results.

"You were right Louis. He is extremely dehydrated and his electrolytes are also extremely low. That would account for him passing out and his headaches. I'm going to start him on another fluid bag with electrolytes to keep his levels normal. He just has the stomach flu so he should be feeling better in a few days. I want to keep him here overnight and you can take him home in the morning. He's actually just asleep, as he seems to be extremely tired as well. Only one person can stay overnight, but a nurse will let you know when you guys can leave." He smiled and closed the door behind him.

"Well I'm glad we brought him here." I said sitting beside his bed. Liam and Niall nodded.

"Yea good thing we showed up when we did. Glad he'll be okay though." Liam said. We sat and waited for a little while before Harry began to stir. I noticed him moving around slightly and he looked at his IV and I knew he would try to pull it out, so I moved to him quickly, putting my hand over his IV site.

"W-what?" He said, slightly confused.

"No Haz. Please leave it alone. It's helping you feel better." I said taking his hand in mine. "How you feeling?"

"Okay I guess, but how and why am I here?" Just then Liam and Niall came back into the room. "What are you guys doing here?"

"They helped me get you here. You passed out again because you were extremely tired and dehydrated. They are keeping you overnight to give you fluids and meds to hopefully help you feel better. They came at the right time to help get you off the floor." I said smiling.

"Am I sick?" He asked, still very confused at the situation.

"Just the stomach flu. They are keeping you here overnight, but you can go home tomorrow. They want you to drink though, as that's why you passed out. They have you on fluids, but you have to drink them orally too. Here" I passed him a cup of water and he took it, his hands shaking a little bit. "Do you feel nauseous at all?"

"Not really anymore. I already feel a little better, but I'm still cold though." I nodded.

"Yeah the nurse said you still have a fever and you're on anti-nausea medication, so that's normal." Just then a nurse came in.

"Visiting hours are over guys. Sorry." Niall and Liam nodded and said their goodbyes. The nurse came over to do an assessment. "How are you feeling Harry? Drinking some water I see?" He nodded. "That's good, keep doing that. If you feel nauseous at all just let me know. I can give you some more medication for that."

"Okay thanks." He yawned and I could tell he was tired. The nurse finished checking vitals and changing his fluids and turned the lights down and left. "You staying?" He asked.

"Of course. They said one person could stay, so obviously I wasn't going to leave you alone." I said getting on the bed next to him. I lifted his chin to make eye contact with me and kissed his lips.

"Babe no." He pushed me back and I was a little hurt. "You'll get sick darling. You can cuddle, but no kissing until I'm better." I pouted and he just pulled me closer. We fell asleep like that, waking up quite early that next morning, eager to just get back home.