Harry: Seizures (5)

It had been 2 weeks since Harry's surgery and he was released from the hospital about a week ago. He hasn't had a seizure since that day he finished surgery. He was placed on meds for his seizures and had to take them everyday in order for them to be effective. Ever since then he has been resting, taking lots of time from work. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so today I was treating him and giving all of me, as he still had about 2 more weeks off of work. I was preparing his breakfast as he came into the kitchen.

"I would have brought it t-" He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Hi baby. What's this about?"

"Just a thank you." He said letting go and sitting on the counter. "For everything that you've been doing for me. I really appreciate it."

I set the plates down and tilted my head at him.

"Well of course babe. Anything for you." I booped his nose and served breakfast. I guided him to the breakfast bar as we began to eat. I noticed him just staring at me. I knew immediately that it was an absence seizure as his eyes were glossed over and he wasn't blinking. I knew that he usually collapses after, so I used all my strength to lift him to the floor. I laid him down, using a decorative pillow on the window bench to put underneath his head.

I waited until he woke up, which was about 5 minutes later. He didn't say anything as I helped him sit up and gave him a glass of water.

"You okay?" I asked as I helped him back to his seat.

"I guess." He put his head in his hands. "I just haven't had one in a while, so it was weird."

"You've been taking your meds, right?"

He didn't say anything and I got nervous. He had to take them everyday.

"Harry?"

"I missed the last two doses. I just forgot and this is my karma I guess." He didn't look at me. I went to the cabinet and grabbed the orange bottle and took out one pill. I went back over to him and handed it to him. He swallowed it with ease and finally made eye contact with me.

"I'll help you okay? When I get up in the morning I'll put it out with a glass of water, so you'll remember, okay?"

He nodded and we just sat and cuddled the rest of the day. He didn't have any more seizures in the coming months and healed well. He continues to take the medication, but his dose has been cut down to every other day and it seems to be working.