Louis: Soccer Match (3)

Harry POV

Louis was pretty out of it the rest of the way to the hospital, which was good as he wasn't in pain anymore. Jessica was able to remove Louis' shoe and socks without a problem and was finally able to get a good look at his ankle, which was really swollen.

"Yeah this is definitely broken. But i can't officially diagnose anything until they get some x-rays." The ambulance came to a stop. "Okay we are here. We are going to bring him to a room, so you can wait in the waiting room."

"Okay thank you for helping him." I said shaking her hand.

"Of course darling. He'll be well taken care of."

They took him into the hospital and wheeled him off to a room as I went to the waiting room. I wasn't as nervous, as Jessica made me feel safe about his health and about the doctors that were taking care of him.

About 20 minutes later a young doctor came over, calling for the friends and family of Louis Tomlinson. I made my way over to her immediately.

"Hi I'm Dr. Amelia and I've been taking care of Mr. Tomlinson. Mr. Tomlinson definitely fractured his ankle quite severely. We took him for an MRI and it appears he has a trimalleolar fracture which basically means it involves all three bones of the ankle and will require surgery. His operation is scheduled for tomorrow morning. We currently have his ankle in a soft cast and he is on some very heavy pain meds, so he'll most likely be out of it for a while. He can't eat or drink anything after midnight in preparation for the surgery. Any questions?" She explained everything and to be honest it was a bit overwhelming, but I understood.

"What should we expect after the surgery?" I asked.

"The surgery will put the bones in place, so then when we apply the cast they heal properly. He'll probably be in a cast for about 6 weeks and then he'll need physical therapy in order to gain his strength and full mobility back. It's quite a serious fracture." She said handing me a paper explaining everything she just said. "This document can tell you about the fracture and the surgery. Anything else?"

"Can I see him?"

"Of course love. Follow me. I have to check on him anyway." The doctor led me through the hallways and upstairs to Louis' room. He looked so fragile laying in his bed, but at least he wasn't in too much pain. "Just make sure he doesn't try to stand up and just reassure him. He'll probably be confused because of the pain meds."

"O-okay." I walked in behind her and took a seat at his bedside. He was just resting, but the doctor needed to wake him in order to check him.

"Louis?" She asked checking his pupils and his heart rate. "I'm Dr. Amelia. Can you hear me?"

"Stop touching me." He said swiping her hands away. I chuckled slightly at his sass. "It's not funny."

"He seems to be doing fine." She chuckled too and left us alone. "I'll be back in a little while. Press the nurse button if you need something."

"Thank you doctor." I watched as she left, closing the door behind her. "Loubear." I pressed a kiss to his forehead and his head snapped toward my direction. "Hi darling. Are you alright?"

"I guess. It doesn't really hurt right now." He was definitely tired, but I was desperate for what happened.

"What happened out there darling?" I asked, hoping he would actually tell me.

"I-I" He stuttered and then stayed quiet for a few minutes. I could tell whatever happened made him upset as his eyes started to fill up with tears.

"Oh I didn't mean to make you upset. You don't have to talk about it. I'm sorry."

"No it's not you. It's the guy."

I looked around the room confused. "What guy?"

"There was a guy on the other team who bumped into me at the beginning of the game on purpose. He basically said that faggots like me shouldn't be out here. I told him to fuck off, and he said that i would pay for that. Anyways fast forward to the end of the game, he shoved me and stepped on my ankle intentionally. When he walked away he told me that I got what I deserved for being a faggot. I didn't do anything to him, I don't understand what his problem was. How did he even know?" He started to get himself all worked up, so I knew I had to calm him. But that would be hard as what he said to my baby made me so angry.

"Why? Why can't people just accept us?!" I shouted slightly, but noticed his flinching at my words. "I'm sorry, it's just he did this to you. That's why you got scared in the locker room right?" He nodded slightly and he was crying now. I sat down on the bed next to him and took his hand. I kissed it gently and wiped his tears off his cheek.

"Can you grab the nurse honey? I think the pain meds are wearing off. It's really starting to hurt." He asked.

"Of course. I'll be right back." I quickly made my way out of his room and grabbed the nurse in the hallway who followed me back to his room.

"Heard you need some pain meds Louis?" The nurse said checking his vitals, then his IV.

"Yes please-" He stopped, waiting for a name.

"Oh sorry. Sam." She left the room for a second before coming back in with the meds. "I've got some for you now. These you take orally, the others I'll inject in your IV." She handed Louis a glass of water and he took the pills with ease, while she injected the other meds. She left and a few minutes later, Louis was out cold. I stayed overnight and contacted the boys explaining what was going on. They said that they would be here during Louis' surgery to keep me company. I somehow ended up falling asleep on the chair that turned into a bed. I barely fit but I made it work.