Louis: Thunderstorm (3)

Louis POV

It was around 1 am where I was once again shakened from my slumber to a loud boom of thunder. I had somehow moved away from Harry during the night, so he was in a very deep sleep with his back turned towards me. The thunder boomed again, so I cowarded under the covers and the feeling of panic returned, along with the shaking.

I waited a few minutes, but the thunder had no sense of going away, so I tried to nudge Harry and wake him, but he wasn't budging. I pulled myself out of bed and made my way into the bathroom, which was in the middle of the house, so the thunder wasn't as loud. I took my blanket with me and laid down in the bathtub, hoping to relieve the panic that has come over me. I must have fallen asleep at one point, only to be woken up every hour or so until morning.

Harry POV

My bladder woke me around 3 am and I was confused as to why Louis wasn't in bed, but then the thunder that boomed and seemed to shake the house gave me the answer. I looked around the bedroom, turning on the lamp to find him, but he wasn't in the bedroom.

"Lou?" I called, but got no answer in return. I had to relieve myself, so I made my way to the bathroom and decided I would look for him after. However when I entered the bathroom, I was surprised to see Louis half awake in the tub, wrapped in a blanket. He was shuffling around slightly, so I assumed he was wakened by the loud, booming thunder. "Lou?"

His eyes fluttered open and then were widened after another round of thunder. He sat up with a start and pulled his knees to his chest and started crying.

"Lou it's okay. Come back to bed." He shook his head no as I relieved myself. "Why not darling?"

"It's not as loud in here." He mumbled, but I heard it loud and clear. I chuckled a little and crouched down beside him.

"It can't be very comfortable sleeping in there, now can it?" He shook his head no. "Good. Now come on. I'll cuddle you while you fall asleep." I held my hand out and he took it. I led us back to our bedroom and I opened the covers for him. "In ya get."

He adjusted himself before I slipped in behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him to my chest.

"Haz?" He called out.

"Hhm?" I said turning him around so we could connect our eyes.

"Don't let go. That's why I got scared and went to the bathroom. It's cause you weren't holding me and I didn't want to wake you." He said, the dry tears on his cheeks still evident.

"Babe." He said, kissing my temple. "Don't worry about me. If you were scared, you should have just woken me up, I wouldn't have minded. Now sleep. I'll be here to protect you Lou." With that I smiled and closed my eyes.

"I love you." I said.

"Love you too babe."

Sorry this was a little shorter than usual, but I kind of ran out of ideas. Going to try to post another story before my break, but not sure if I'll be able to. 

Have a great day! - Leah