Louis: Laryngitis (1)

Louis POV

It was a nice day. Me and the boys were on the tour bus on our way to the first destination for our Made In the AM Tour. We were all very excited to be touring our fifth album. It was December, so we all had the seasonal allergies and Niall had just gotten over being sick. I really didn't want to be sick, especially for our first concert. The concert wasn't for a couple days, so for now we were all just chillin on the tour bus playing FIFA.

"Louis!" I was snapped from my thoughts as Harry waved his hand in front of my face. To be honest, I woke up feeling a little congested and had been coughing a little that morning, so I took some allergy medicine, but it didn't seem to clear me up at all.

"Sorry, just thinking." I moved closer to Harry and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt a slight headache coming on and I just didn't want it to turn into a migraine.

"You okay Boo?" He asked, turning towards me. I just shook my head and he got up and offered his hand. I took it and he brought me to the back where the bunks were. "What's up? You seem off."

"My head feels clogged and I started coughing this morning and I just don't want to be sick, especially right now. And now I think I'm getting a migraine. I just don't want to be sick." I put my head in my hands and Harry pulled me closer, bringing me in a hug.

"Oh I'm sorry you're feeling this way Lou. Want to just lay down?" I nodded and he put me in our bunk that we shared and pulled the blanket over me. "Do you want your migraine medicine? And what about some allergy meds?"

"I took allergy medicine this morning, but it didn't really help. But the migraine stuff sounds good." He smiled and left. He came back a few minutes later with the pills and a glass of water.

"Here darling drink." I did as he said and layed back down. "You don't feel warm, so I don't think you're sick. Just rest. I'll be with the other boys." I nodded and he left, as I drifted off, hoping to wake up with no more migraine.

I woke up a while later and realized it was night time as all the other boys were asleep, Harry's hand around my waist. I still felt super congested and tired, but my migraine was gone for the time being. Then I felt a tickle in the back of my throat and I knew I was going to have a coughing fit, so I moved Harry's arm and started to make my way to the front of the bus. I closed the door that split off the bunks to hopefully not wake the boys. I started coughing and it seemed like it just wouldn't stop.

Harry POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to find Louis missing from beside me. I used the bathroom, hoping to find him there, but no luck. He couldn't have gone far as we were on a moving bus, so I opened the bunk door and closed it back up. I made my way to the front of the bus and found Louis sitting on the ground, trying to catch his breath in between coughs. He looked up at me and seemed to have felt guilty for waking me up, but to be fair I hadn't heard him in the slightest.

"Oh Lou." I grabbed a glass and filled it with water and handed it to him, but he swatted it away. "Please you need to drink something."

"I *cough* c-can't *cough* won't *cough* stop" he said trying to get words out, but I knew what he was trying to say. It sounded like he was wheezing, so I grabbed my emergency inhaler from the cabinet and I was just hoping it would do something for him. I handed it to him and he took it. I tried to help him use it, but apparently after all the times I used it, he seemed to know how to. It took a few puffs, but eventually his coughing died down a little and he was able to drink the water.

"How long have you been up?" He shrugged.

"Not long." His voice was very hoarse. "Sorry if I woke you."

"You didn't. Does your throat hurt?" He nodded.

"Yes." His voice cracked and he swallowed hard, making a face when he did. "I might have strep throat." He coughed again and his voice seemed like it was drifting on and off. He needed to save it.

"Stop talking babe. Save your voice." He nodded and I took the glass from him. "Do you want to go back to bed?" He nodded again, so I took him back to the bunks, a few coughs along the way. "Try to sleep okay? Niall might have some cough drops that you can have. Want me to check his bag?"

"Please" He coughed some more as I went to Niall's bag and took out his cough drops. They were the cherry flavor and tasted like cough medicine, but whatever helped. I brought it back to Louis who was laying down.

"Here darling. Now try to rest. Hopefully you'll feel better in the morning." He nodded and turned as I got in behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, which he seemed to like as he relaxed under my touch and was asleep in minutes. I decided then and there that I would take him to the doctors in the morning when we arrived at our destination.