Louis: Relapse (3)

Harry POV

Louis had slipped into the bathroom before I had a chance to talk to him. He was in there for a while, but I didn't want to bother him. I eventually dozed off and soon heard him finish in the bathroom. I felt the bed dip slightly as he wrapped his arms around me, which was comforting. I could tell he had been crying from the sniffle in his nose, but didn't really think anything of it. We both fell asleep.

3 hours later

I had woken in the middle of the night around midnight and could hear shuffling around in the bathroom. The light was off though, but I knew Louis was in there, as he wasn't anywhere else. I lightly knocked on the door, but Louis didn't hear me as he continued to shuffle around. I jiggled the doorknob and to my surprise it was unlocked. I saw Louis sitting in the corner with something in his hands, but I couldn't make out what it was until I flicked the light on. And what I saw was horrifying.

Louis was sitting in the corner of the bathroom, his back up against the bathtub. He held his right wrist in his left, blooding coming from between his fingers. I looked down next to him and there was a razor, fresh blood marked on it. He still hadn't made eye contact with me, which was understandable. It's been three since he's done it. Or so I thought. I rushed over to him with a towel.

"Lou what happened baby?" I reached for his wrist, but he pulled it back moving it closer to his torso. "Can I see baby? I don't want them to get infected."

"No just leave me Harry please." He said, putting his head on his knees crying some more. This was what happened when I found him when his mum had died. He pushed me away and I let him. But this time I wasn't going to let him. I took his razor of the floor and threw it in the trash, which was not the greatest idea.

"Louis please. If they get infected, then we'd have to go to the hospital and I know you don't want that. Let me see." He shook his head, but reluctantly held his wrist out. These were the only cuts, so he must have just relapsed today, which was good, as I could prevent further damage. "They aren't too bad, so I'll put some antiseptic cream then bandage them up. Okay?"

He just sat in silence, but nodded his head, so I grabbed the supplies. After I was finished I helped him up and guided him to the bed. He looked exhausted, but I wanted to ask him why he did it.

"Talk to me baby. Why did you do it? And why tonight? Was it the dinner?"

"I don't know. The dinner just triggered me and I needed a release. I'm sorry." He spoke, but it still seemed like he was hiding something.

"It's okay baby, let's just not do it again. If you feel the urge, come talk to me." He nodded as we both laid down and went to sleep for the night

The next morning

Louis POV

I was mad at myself for last night. Harry wasn't supposed to find me, but I'm kind of glad he did, as he helps me so much. But I'm still mad that I didn't tell him everything. I just couldn't as he was so sweet last night and I got caught up in the moment.

He woke up first like always and made us coffee and tea. Tea for me of course and coffee for him. I went into the little kitchen area and snuck up behind him by placing my arms around his waist.

"Hi Lou. Good morning." He said taking my arms and turning around. "Are you okay?" He asked, gesturing towards my wrist. I was wearing long sleeves, so he couldn't see my other arm. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Remember to come talk to me if you feel the urge, okay?" I nodded as he pulled me in for a tight hug. Then a knock on our door interrupted us. Niall and Liam came in with breakfast. Niall was eyeing me with concern as we tried to eat. Liam and Harry were talking in the kitchen as Niall pulled me into the living room.

"So? Did you talk to him?" He asked.

"Kind of?" I questioned.

"Louis." He warned.

"Just let me explain." I sighed. "I did it before I went to bed, but he didn't notice. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with a strong urge. I tried to be quiet, not even turning the light on in the bathroom, but he obviously heard me. He caught me in the act, but I told him this was the first time. I couldn't tell him about yesterday Niall. I just couldn't."

Meanwhile, in the kitchen

Nobody's POV

"You alright mate?" Liam asked, sitting on the chair in the kitchen. "You seem tense."

Harry didn't say anything at first, just continuing to stare at the ground. But eventually he spoke.

"Louis started cutting again." That's all Harry said, making Liam go wide eyed.

"When? Is he okay?"

"Yes. Well no. And last night I caught him in the bathroom in the middle of the night. It was bad Liam. I don't even know where he got the razor from. I just don't want him to relapse like he did when his mum died." They were silent for a moment until they heard shouting from the living room

Back to Louis POV

Sorry for switching so much, but it works with how I want it written

"Louis! What you are doing is dangerous!" Niall shouted, probably enough for Harry and Liam to hear. I wish Niall never found out because it's just making things worse.

"You don't think I know that Niall! This isn't my first time. I've been dealing with this for years. I know my limits!"

"This isn't healthy Louis! You need help and if you don't tell Harry the truth I'll tell him."

"NO!" Then Harry and Liam both made their way into the living room.

"Harry, Louis has something he needs to tell you." Niall said, which in return I gave him a glare.

"I already know Niall. I caught him last night." He said while letting out a big sigh. I was relieved that Niall was going to let it go as it was silent, but I was wrong.

"No Harry. He didn't tell you everything." He stopped as Harry turned to me. Liam just stood there confused, but eventually understood.

"Louis" He said and tried to make eye contact, but I just stared at the floor.

"It's not his-" I cut him off.

"STOP! This isn't fair. You promised me!" I yelled, but Niall didn't back down.

"Last night wasn't his first time. He did it yesterday afternoon. I only found out last night." He said. Harry turned to me, sadness in his eyes.

"YOU PROMISED!" I shouted. I was so pissed, so I brushed past all of them and into the bathroom, locking it and putting the shelf in front of the door so nobody could get in. Then I went towards the trash can, desperately searching for his razor.