Louis: Falling (2)

Louis POV

I didn't know how much time had passed, but Harry didn't leave my side, which was comforting as I couldn't see anything. Just darkness.

"Hey the ambulance should be here in a few minutes. Can I look at the cut on your head?" I nodded and he helped me sit up. I was still really scared because I had no idea what was going on around me. He started to remove the covering on my cut and take a look at it. I was reaching for Harry's hand and he seemed to notice and took it in his hand. "It's okay. I'm still here."

"I'm scared, Harry" I said as another hand reached for my head, assuming to clean my cut, but I flinched away as I didn't know who was touching. "W-what's happening?"

"It's Liam. He's just cleaning it." He said and I just nodded. I was still shaking and crying because I just didn't know what to do. Then there was a knock on the door and I assumed it was the paramedics. Liam went and allowed them in and they came over to me.

"Hi there! You must be Louis?" She questioned.

"Y-yes." I said, my voice still shaking.

"So you took a fall down the stairs and hit your head correct? And now you can't see?" I nodded and she must have sat down on the couch next to me. "Okay so I just want to examine you. I'll tell you everything before I do it okay?"

"Yes please" I said, taking Harry's hand and putting in my lap as a way of comfort.

"Okay I'm just going to take your vitals, while my partner examines the cut on your head. Ready?" I nodded and just expected their touch. They took my blood pressure and checked my eyes, trying to get me to see the light that they were flashing in my eye, but no luck. They finished and gave us their preliminary diagnosis. "So it appears you have a concussion, but that doesn't explain the loss of vision. We are going to take you to the hospital to get a scan so they can find out what's going on. Can we get you on the stretcher?"

"H-harry?" I asked.

"Hey, shhh. It's okay. Come on let's go." He lifted me and placed me on the stretcher and we started to move. He let go of my hand and I started to panic slightly because I couldn't see anything. I guessed that I made it into the ambulance.

"Okay we are going to go to the hospital now. Your friends will meet us there." I panicked more as I wanted Harry with me.

"No no no. I need Harry here. Please he's my husband and has a right to be here." I started breathing really shallow and she tried to calm me down, but I wasn't budging.

Harry POV

I was told I couldn't go with Louis which made me nervous as he was scared of hospitals when he could see and now I couldn't with him. He didn't even know that I couldn't go with him. We waited for the ambulance to move but the driver came and approached the car.

"We need you to try and calm Louis down." That made me nervous but I followed the driver and went inside to find Louis fighting the woman.

"Lou hey stop. I'm here. Try to calm down." I took his hand and he turned towards me slightly and spoke just barely at a whisper.

"Don't leave me please." I kissed his cheek, which made him flinch but then his frown turned into a soft smile. Then the paramedic started to put the oxygen tubing around his nose but he swatted her hand away.

"Hey she's just trying to help. Let her please." The ambulance started moving and Louis allowed her to place the tubing right under Louis' nose. We arrived at the hospital in a few minutes and were taken in right away. Louis was definitely very nervous, but as long I was with him, then he was okay. A doctor came in saying that he needed an MRI and that I couldn't be with him.

"I'm Dr. Alex and I'm going to take Mr. Tomlinson to get an MRI to see what's going on. Because of all the radiation, you unfortunately can't go, but I can assure you he'll be fine." The doctor said and Louis squeezed my hand.

"No Harry please, I don't want to go alone. Please I-I c-can't." He started crying again and I pulled him into a hug, while speaking to the doctor.

"Is there anything you can do? He won't go unless I'm with him." I asked, still holding Louis in my arms.

"We can give him a sedative, but that would involve intubating him. If you're willing to do that, then we can." I put Louis down and turned his chin so he was facing me, even though he couldn't actually see me.

"Do you want to do that?" He stayed silent, but then answered me.

"I don't think I would be able to handle it if I went in alone." He said and I nodded, and the doctor went to get the equipment to start. He came back in with an anesthesiologist.

"Hi Louis! I'm Dr. Mark and I'll be your anesthesiologist for today. I'm going to start an IV okay?" He nodded and let the doctor do his thing. "Okay very good. Dr. Alex is going to inject the sedative and all you need to do is breathe through this mask. Ready?" He nodded and grabbed my hand. They started to inject everything and placed the mask over his face. He was out pretty quickly. "He's asleep now, so you're good to go. We will come get you when we are finished. Should only be about 45 minutes." The doctor nodded and I kissed Louis' cheek and headed off to the waiting room. On my way out I saw them put a tube in his throat, securing him to a ventilator. I was definitely nervous, but it was better than him panicking.