Harry: Diabetes (2)

Harry POV

1 week later

We had just gotten settled on the tour bus after a long flight to the US. I had to order extra supplies and an emergency kit for my diabetes just in case something happened. The kit included a shot of glucagon for a low episode and a shot of insulin for a high episode, but with the omnipod and everything, I haven't had an episode in a long time, which was nice.

I placed all my equipment in one bag that I took with me everywhere, no matter the circumstances. I also had my emergency inhaler, as I had asthma. I just had a load of medical problems, which was just great. But I handled it. And the rest of the boys helped too.

Our first tour was in Boston, which was one of my favorite cities. We were playing at Gillette Stadium for 3 nights. It was sold out for all of the nights, which was exciting. However the next morning I woke up feeling kind of ill, which made me think my sugar was low. I went into the kitchen early that morning and checked, but my blood sugar was normal, according to the device, which was strange. Usually when I felt sick, it meant my blood sugar was low, but it wasn't the case this time. As I was checking, Liam came in.

"Hey mate! Why are you up so early?" He asked, grabbing a cup of coffee.

"I could ask you the same question." I said. "I felt kind of sick this morning, so I thought my sugar was low, but it wasn't. Not sure about it though."

"Probably just concert nerves. I'm sure it's fine. We have a sound check in about 2 hours, so I'm going back to bed. You should too."

"Yeah, guess so. I'll see ya then." I made my way back to my bunk and slept for about 30 minutes. When I woke up again, I felt worse. All the other boys were already awake, so I called for Louis.

"Lou?" He came quite quickly, and seemed to just have gotten out of the shower.

"What's up Haz? You've got to get ready. We have sound check." He said, as he looked at me with concern. "You alright?"

"I was feeling kind of sick early this morning and thought it was my blood sugar, but it wasn't, so I went back to bed, thinking i would feel better, but I don't. I don't know, just feel kinda sick still, but worse than this morning." I said, staring at the floor.

"Did you check it again?" He said reaching for my device. He checked it and told me the results. "It's 90, which is normal for you."

"Seriously? It's the same as this morning. Maybe I'm just sick then?" I asked, making eye contact with him.

"Maybe. Think you can do the concert today? We still have to go to sound check."

"Yeah hopefully. I'll go get ready." I went into the bathroom and got changed and ready for the day. We headed to the stadium to start rehearsing and do sound check and I just wasn't feeling any better. The other boys seemed to notice when we were taking a break that I wasn't feeling good because they were all staring.

"Take a photo, it'll last longer." I said as I went out of the room and to the bathroom. I was tired, probably just exhausted from the day and from most likely being sick. I felt a slight headache coming on and I noticed my hand started to shake. These were all signs of low blood sugar, but I checked and it was still normal. In fact it was the same as this morning still, which was odd but I brushed it off. When i went to walk out of the bathroom, I became really dizzy and then everything went to black. The last thing I remember is falling to the floor.