Louis: Wisdom Teeth (2)

Harry POV

Louis' surgery only took about 45 minutes and afterwards, the nurse that took Louis back came out to see me. She sat down next to me as I put the magazine I was reading away.

"He did great. His heart rate was a little high right before we put him under, but it was probably just nerves."

"Yeah he does have anxiety, so that's no surprise." She nodded.

"They are just finishing up and once he is fully awake, you can take him home. Would you like to see him?" I nodded and she led me down the hallway to his room where his eyes were partially opened and his head was lollying around. He also had ice wrapped around his face to help with swelling. The doctor was sitting by him writing notes down.

"It went well. His right side will probably be more sore as both teeth were impacted and needed a little more digging, you can call it. Come back in about a week for a follow-up. Nice to meet you both and enjoy your day." He shook my hand and left the room. The nurse went over to Louis to remove his IV, but Louis swatted her hand away.

"Hi Louis." She said as he came out of the anesthesia a lot more. "I'm just going to take your IV out darling. Will only be a minute."

"Whersh Hasha?" He mumbled because of the gauze, but I assumed he was looking for me, so I went over to his side and took his hand.

"I'm right here Lou. How do you feel?" He shook his head no and went to reach up for the ice on his face.

"It'sh cold" He said and I laughed taking his hand away.

"It's supposed to be. Leave it alone for now. We'll take it off in a few hours." The nurse brought me a chair until Louis was fully awake and they got his pain med prescriptions.

"Can we get pisha?" He asked, bringing his hand up to my face. I shook my head no and he got very sad.

"You can't have pizza right now Lou." He pouted and turned away from me, when the nurse came back into the room.

"Okay we have his pain meds, so he can take them as he needs them. And also these are blood thinners for him to take for a week." She handed me the bottles. "Oh and here is his wedding ring. We had to take it off for the monitor and stuff." I nodded and thanked her.

"I'll grab a wheelchair for him and we can head down to your car. Be right back."

"Thank You." She left and I turned back to Louis and took his left hand, placing his ring back on. He took his hand and looked with wide eyes at his hand.

"I married?" He asked and I tried to hold back a laugh.

"Yes Lou. Look" I showed him my matching ring and he laughed.

"Oh yesh I remember now. You weresh very handshome" He said.

"I can say the same about you Lou." The nurse came back in with the wheelchair and I started to help him stand, but he took his arm from my grip. "Lou, come on we are going home."

"No I wanna shtay" And the nurse laughed. I picked him up under his arms and placed him in the wheelchair, but not without a pout from him.

"Can I shtay?" He asked, looking innocently towards the nurse.

"Unfortunately not sweetheart. Don't you want to go home and sleep in your own bed?" His eyes widened as we made our way to the elevator.

"Oh yesh I want to go shleep." he closed his eyes as we got in the elevator and it descended. Eventually we got out and went to the car. He opened his eyes as we approached the car and he got very anxious all of a sudden and I was worried.

"What's wrong Lou?" He shook his head and went to stand, but I stopped him, because I was worried that he was dizzy from the medication.

"No carsh are bad. I wanna shleep." I laughed and opened his door.

"It's just a car ride. I'll put your seat back a little and you can sleep okay?"

"I can shleep?" He shouted and I nodded, helping him into the car. I buckled his seatbelt and closed his door.

"Thank you so much." I told the nurse.

"Of course. Just call to schedule a follow up. Have a good day!" I nodded and got in my side of the car and Louis was already asleep, which was good. I could tell the surgery wore him out, so I was glad he was able to sleep.

We began the drive down the road and he woke about halfway through the journey. I took his hand to reassure him and he jumped a little, but then relaxed. I reached over to sit him up a bit so he didn't choke on himself.

"Hasha?" He asked.

"What's up Lou?" I said turning to him for a split second and he was reaching for the gauze.

"Itsh hurting" I took his hand before he could take it out.

"No Lou, you have to leave it alone okay?"

"But I want to tashke it out pleash?" I shook my head no and he pouted but luckily left it alone. Finally we pulled into the driveway and I quickly got out before he could so he didn't fall and hurt himself. He opened the door once I got to his side.

"Ready?" I asked and he nodded. I took his hands and helped him stand, but he was quite wobbly. He walked about 2 feet before one of knees buckled, jostling him. He moaned in pain and put his hand on his face. I decided to just pick him up and carry him inside.

"Do you want to lay on the couch or in bed?" He pointed to the couch, so I gently laid him there and covered him with the blanket and put a pillow behind his head. Once I knew he was comfortable, I went back out to the car to grab his prescriptions, plus the hydrogen peroxide that he would use to wash his mouth out with to help keep the incisions clean.

I put all the items in the kitchen before returning to him with new gauze, which was good because he decided to pull out one side and he was moaning in pain. I went back to grab him some water and a pain pill.

"Lou what happened?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders, holding the bloody gauze in his hand. I took a tissue and took it from him. "Can you take the other one out? Might as well change them now."

"Yeah." He sighed and took the other one out, handing it to me. I handed him the pill and water and he took it with ease. I began rolling up two more pieces of gauze and handed him one, but he pushed my hand away and started to lay back down.

"Lou you have to put this in. At least for the first day. Come on." I sat him up and handed it to him, but he didn't do anything. "Don't make me force you."

"But I don't want it. It's uncomfortable." He whined.

"I know, but you have to, okay?" He hesitated, but ultimately nodded and I handed him the gauze. He carefully placed one back in, then the other. I could tell he was really tired, so I helped him lay back down.

"Get some sleep okay?" He nodded and fell asleep.