Louis: Relapse (4)

"Niall, why would you just out him like that? Now he's locked himself in the bathroom, his razor still in there!" Harry was mad, but was glad he was told the truth. Liam was knocking on the bathroom door, desperate for any answer, but of course Louis didn't budge.

"You know what he just told me Harry? That he knows his limits." Niall got closer to Harry. "He was going to push himself to his limits Harry! What he is doing is dangerous. He needed to tell someone. I know that I might have just pushed him that far, but I needed to tell you. Maybe not in this way, but it needed to be done. I'm sorry."

"No you're right Niall, but I'm just scared for him now. Any luck on the door Payno?" Liam was working on trying to pick the lock, but apparently coming up with no luck.

"No it won't budge. We should call the front desk and maybe an ambulance?" he suggested and Harry thought about it.

"Not an ambulance until we see it. We don't even know if he has actually cut." He mumbled the last part as Liam continued the lock and Niall called the front desk.

"Okay, but you know he will once we open the door." Liam said.

"I know."

They waited for someone from the front desk to come and open the bathroom door with a master key. They were trying to ask questions, but Harry shouted and said not to worry about it. Eventually the door was unlocked, but it wouldn't move past a crack as there was something blocking it.

"Louis please move this out of the way. We just want to help." Harry said. There was no response, just uncomfortable silence. Harry thought of the worst possibilities, but then saw Louis' reflection in the mirror. There was minimal blood, but he was still going. He was gripping the razor very hard and it was scaring Harry. It was like he didn't even acknowledge his boyfriend talking to him. He started pressing down on his other cuts, making them bleed.

Eventually with the help of Liam and Niall, they were able to move the shelf from behind the door, revealing Louis who just cut once again and it appeared to be quite deep. Harry made his way over to him slowly, motioning for the other boys to leave them.

"Louis?" He had his head in his hands, still gripping the razor. "Can you put the razor down for me?"

He let go, making it fall to the ground. Harry picked it up and placed it on the sink for now. He grabbed a towel, some antiseptic cream and some bandages from the cabinet just like the previous night.

"I'm sorry!" He cried out before breaking down sobbing. "I just couldn't handle it." he made his way over to Harry's chest, clutching closely, accidentally getting blood on his t-shirt, but Harry didn't care. Liam stood at the doorway checking in on the couple.

"Do you need an ambulance?" He asked. Louis went wide eyed and scrambled off Harry's lap and started to reach at the sink where the razor was kept for the time being.

"No no no. I'm not going to the hospital. Harry please don't make me." Harry grabbed his wrists gently and wrapped them around his waist, not caring that they were still bleeding.

"Shhh Lou it's okay. No Liam we aren't going to the hospital. I don't think they are that bad. Just leave us please." Liam nodded and left. Harry grabbed Louis' shoulders sitting him up, still not making eye contact with him.

"Louis I'm not mad okay. I was just scared for you. Let me help you. Can I see?" Louis nodded and Harry took his right wrist first. He inspected the cuts then washed them with the wet towel. He put some antiseptic cream on, then bandaged them. He then did the same with the other wrist.

"Thank you." Louis said quietly.

"Of course darling. Just next time tell me okay. I just want what's best for you. Let's change then go to bed. You seem exhausted."

"Okay" Louis said as Harry took off his t-shirt for him. Then he took off his own and they went into the bedroom. There was a note on the bed from Niall to Louis. Louis sat on the bed as he read it.

To Louis

I'll leave you and Harry for the night as it's probably good to let you get your rest, but I want to say something. I'm sorry for just yelling your secret out like that when I promised you, but what you were doing was dangerous and I couldn't let you. When you told me that you knew your limits, that was my breaking point. I didn't want you to go back to your low that you were in when your mum died. Just promise me something. Try to stop. I know it can be hard, but you've done it before. We are all here for you and are happy to help. Talk to us. I'll see you tomorrow.

Nialler

Harry and Louis slept for most of the day and then ended up taking a walk that evening through the wonderful city of Boston. Louis had only cut once more right before their concert in Boston, but Harry caught him before he could do more. Harry ended up getting rid of anything that Louis could use to cut and locked it in his suitcase. From that point Louis could shave, but it had to be under supervision for the time being.

Louis eventually got clean and it was the end of the tour where he thanked the boys for everything.