Harry: Stubbornly Sick (2)

That night at the Brits

Harry's POV

"And here we have One Direction performing Drag me Down." The crowd went wild and we were ushered on stage. To be fair, I wasn't feeling any better and I officially decided that I was actually sick. But I wasn't telling the others because I didn't want to ruin the night.

The one thing that sucked was that my cough was becoming increasingly worse and it didn't seem to stop. I could sing alright, but high notes were not my friend and of course the one song we were singing had one at the end. And there was no way for me to tell the other boys without it seeming suspicious so I decided to just try.

"With your love nobody can drag me." Liam sang as he finished his solo towards the end of the song, which meant my high note was coming up. I was feeling alright, so I was going to try, but I knew it would end with me having a coughing fit, which wouldn't turn out great for the others.

"Nobody can drag me down!" I sang and luckily hit the note, somehow, but like I guessed, I was hit with a lot of coughs afterwards and Liam had to take over the rest of my notes. My coughing died down slightly so we could finish the song and bow and everything. As soon as we hit the backstage dressing room, I let out the coughs I was holding in.

"Haz come on, you're sick." I stayed silent as I looked at the floor and more coughs racked my body. "Here, drink."

"T-thanks." I said, my voice rough and hoarse. We started walking out to our table, but I got really dizzy, probably because I haven't eaten or drinken much in the past couple days cause I felt too shit to do so. Louis noticed and stayed with me and motioned Liam and Niall to go back.

"Hazza you alright?" I shook my head no as my knees gave out and he had to catch me. More coughs shook my body and our security gathered around us.

"D-dizzy." Was all I managed to mumble. Louis got the message and had our two security help me up and back to our backstage dressing room. They laid me down and I must have passed out because the next thing I knew was I was shaken and slapped gently on my face to wake up.

"Haz wake up, come on." I opened my eyes and Louis looked relieved as someone handed him a bottle of water. He helped me drink a little before I laid back down again. "You alright?"

"I guess." I said before a few minutes of silence overtook the room. "I'm sorry Lou. It wasn't this bad but once the coughs started I knew and I didn't want to tell you guys. I didn't want to ruin things."

"It's alright Haz. I'm not mad, but you should have told me. You didn't ruin anything, plus everyone gets sick. Yeah maybe you get sick a little more often, but this isn't just a cold or a flu. That cough is pretty nasty. We should bring you to the doctors."

"No." I said coldly.

"Haz please-"

"No, especially not now. I'm fine." I said right before more coughs rattled my core. I held my chest and cleared my throat before Louis looked at me with sad eyes knowing that it was hurting and I was being stubborn.

"Fine. But if tomorrow morning you aren't better I'll have Dr. Athena come over to take a look at you. Deal?" I nodded. Dr. Athena was our private doctor that travelled with us on tour and did our physicals every few months.

"Come on let's go to the other boys." I said, my voice still quite hoarse. I was just glad that our performance was over because I wouldn't be able to perform now. As we headed back, they were about to announce one of the categories that we were nominated in. It was the Global success award and if we won tonight, it would be our third one (A/N: I know they only won 2, but imagine they win another) which is crazy.

"And the winner is." The announcer paused for dramatic effect. "One Direction." The crowd erupted into cheers and we all hugged before making our way up on stage. I stayed behind Liam and Louis with Niall because I wasn't going to be able to talk. Liam did the majority of the speech, with Louis adding in some choice words. I was coughing and I was already self conscious, so it was pretty awkward for me. Finally after what seemed like an hour, even though it had only been 5 minutes, we were ushered off stage.

About 3 hours later, the show was finally over and even though there was an after party, Louis offered to take me back to the bus, but not before explaining what happened after the performance to them. They wished me and well and we headed off back to the tour bus.

"Do you want some cough syrup? I think we have some in the bathroom. And I'm checking your temperature too." And before I could respond he headed off to the bathroom and came back with all the supplies. "Here take this." He handed me the spoon with the cough syrup and I would be lying if I didn't say that it felt good on the back of my throat.

"Thanks Lou.' He smiled before taking the spoon from me and placing the thermometer in my mouth. He took it out a minute later when it beeped.

"101.2oF. Yup a fever. Luckily I brought some fever reducers for you. And I already called the doctor. She said she'd be here in the morning." I nodded and took the pills before closing my eyes as I was exhausted.

"Come on before you fall asleep here." He pulled me up and I whined but he ignored it and placed me in the bathroom. "Here change."

"Help?" I asked with pleading eyes.

"Fine, but only because you are sick." He helped me change into sweats and a thin t-shirt before ushering me to my-our-bed. He got in behind me and I was out like a light as he rubbed my back and played with my hair, which is my weakness when it comes to being sick and being unable to sleep.