Harry: Cancer (1)

**THIS WILL NOT BE A SAD ENDING**

I'm not writing a HTCBWSMOASMC as I can't take that as much as you probably can't, so this will be a happy ending as almost all of my one shots are. So enjoy the ups and downs, but it ends with an up, so enjoy!

REQUEST BY ClaireLovesYa

Louis POV

As I strolled into the hospital practically running up to the reception desk after I received an urgent call from Harry while I was at the studio telling me to hurry up and get here.

Harry told me that he had a doctor's appointment today, which involved him going to the local hospital as that's where his primary care is located. I had to go to the studio today to finish up recording one of my songs that I didn't get to finish yesterday. Harry called me around 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

"Lou?" He said when I picked up the phone.

"What's wrong Haz?" I said as he sounded upset and I was immediately worried.

"I-I-" He stuttered out. "C-can you just g-get here please?" He asked, sniffling.

"Are you crying?" I asked and it was silent besides Harry's quiet whimpers.

"Just come to the hospital please Lou! I need you." He said.

"Okay, okay." I said, grabbing my stuff. "I'll be right there, just try to stay calm. I'll be there in about 15 minutes, okay?"

"Yeah." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

That brings us to now where I am trying to figure out where Harry is located, probably freaking out over something. He wouldn't tell me over the phone. Is something wrong with him? Is he okay? The thoughts ran through my head as the kind lady at the desk searched for Harry's location in the computer.

"He was here for his yearly physical, so he's probably in an exam room." I told the lady and she nodded. She picked up the phone and was on the phone for a few minutes until she hung up and typed something into the computer.

"Okay sorry for the wait." She said as she handed me a piece of paper that gave directions to Harry's room. "I'm not sure why, but he's been admitted. That paper tells you where to go to reach his room. There are people around, so you can ask them for help."

"Thank you so much." I said and went on my way through the hospital. Something must be wrong since he is admitted. My anxiety was not doing well in this hospital as I've had bad experiences in hospitals and hated being in one.

After getting lost twice and having to ask 3 people for directions, I eventually found the wing that Harry was staying on. The nurse pointed me in the direction of a room that was located at the end of the hallway. It was a private room, assuming because of Harry's status. The door was closed, so I gently knocked before opening it.

Harry was sitting on the window seat instead of in the bed. He was still in his regular clothes, so I was still so confused. He must not have heard the door because he just sat there, staring out the window.

"Hazza?" I said and his head whipped around to look at me. He had tear stained cheeks and immediately ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I steadied us and wrapped my arms around him, calming him down.

"I'm scared Lou." He said and I brought us over to the bed to sit down and talk.

"What's wrong baby? What happened?" I asked.

"So you know how I've been having knee pain and everything?" I nodded. "So they were examining it and said there is a small bump that could be a mass of some sort. Look!" He pulled up his pant leg and now that he's said something, there is definitely a bump on his knee, but it's barely noticeable.

Harry started complaining of knee pain a few weeks back, but decided to wait it out as he knew this appointment was coming up. I just assumed it was simple knee pain or maybe he tore something without knowing (A/N: This happened to me :D), but I didn't think anything like this.

"Okay well let's not jump to any conclusions. They are running tests I assume?" He nodded and sighed.

"They took an x-ray and said that I was going to be admitted, but they couldn't really say much about it. They took some blood and said they'd be back with the results soon. Then I called you and have been sitting here with my raging mind for a while."

"Let's wait for the doctor to come back then. Want to cuddle for now?" He nodded and we both laid down. His back was to my chest and I could almost see his raging mind, going through similar thoughts to mine.

About an hour later, there was finally a knock on the door, which brought me and Harry out of our small nap. I sat up and turned toward the door where the doctor was standing with a folder and some other things in his hand.

I nudged Harry who sat up quickly and saw the doctor. He turned around and adjusted himself so we were both sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm doctor Sandy, Harry's primary care. It's nice to meet you." I shook his hand. "And you are?"

"I'm Louis, Harry's husband." He nodded and returned the gesture.

"Alright so we have run some tests and I'm assuming Harry caught you up to speed with what's going on?" I nodded and took Harry's hand who was trembling.

"According to his x-ray, there is definitely a mass right beside his knee cap. It's not too big, but I would like to get an MRI in order to get a better look. Also I want to do a biopsy to see if it's cancer or not."

"Do you think it is?" I asked and the doctor sighed. This was not going to be good.

"We can't know for sure without doing these additional tests, but looking at his blood tests, his white blood cell count, which are the immune system cells, is quite low, which is normally the first sign of cancer. Considering he doesn't have any other symptoms, if it is cancer, then it's probably early stages, which allows for easier treatment." We both nodded and I squeezed Harry's hand. "But let's do these other tests first and then we will talk further if there is a need to, okay? Any other questions before we do these tests?"

"Haz?" I said, nudging his shoulder and he looked up. He shook his head no, so the doctor nodded.

"I'll be back to do the biopsy, then I'll have a radiologist come take you for the MRI. Change into this gown for me and I'll be back in a few." The doctor left us alone.

"Come on let's get you changed shall we?" Harry nodded but still hasn't said anything since the doctor left.

I quickly helped him change and helped him get comfortable in the bed. He left the covers down for now and I absolutely hated seeing him in a hospital gown.

"You okay?" He shook his head no.

"I just really scared Lou. Like what happens if it's cancer?" He asked and I honestly didn't have an answer for him.

"Well, like the doctor said, it's probably in the early stages, so we will do all the treatment and we will get through it okay?" He nodded, tears brimming his eyes, so I pulled him into a hug. The doctor came in a few minutes later.

"So it might hurt a little bit, but I'll try to be quick." Harry nodded and I sat beside him while the doctor did his work. Harry flinched when he put the needle in, but like he said it was very quick. The radiologist came in once the doctor finished and took Harry up to the MRI.