Harry: Stubbornly Sick (3)

Louis POV

I woke up around 9 am and the doctor said she was coming around 9:30, so I quickly got dressed and shoved breakfast down my throat before attempting to wake Harry up. I wanted him to at least be awake, but he didn't necessarily have to be presentable because it was only the doctor.

"Hazza" I sang before rubbing his back. He shifted slightly, but he was still fast asleep. "Harry you have to get up darling. The doctor will be here soon."

"5 more minutes Lou!" He pleaded but I shook my head.

"Nope come on. You don't have to get dressed or anything, just be awake." Then suddenly a round of coughs made him sit up. He clutched his chest and I felt bad as the coughing was really taking a toll on him. After a few minutes and me anxiously waiting to see if he'd need his inhaler or not, he stopped and was trying to catch his breath.

"I'm awake now." He said as he rubbed his face to get off any sleep. I chuckled and went to grab him a bottle of water. He slowly walked to the living room when there was a knock at the door of the tour bus.

"Come in!" I shouted, not thinking about the other boys who were still sleeping.

"Good morning Louis and Harry." I smiled as she sat next to Harry. "Heard we aren't feeling well Harry?"

"Morning Dr. Athena. And yea he is sick." Harry nodded as Dr. Athena began to examine him.

"What symptoms are you experiencing?" She asked as she took his pulse and blood pressure.

"Coughing, headaches, chest tight, fev-" He was cut off by a round of coughing. She smiled sadly and rubbed his back until it was over. "Fever"

"What was his last fever?" She asked as she checked it.

"It was 101.2 last night." I said as Harry wasn't up to talking.

"It's risen to 102.3, which is quite high, so I'm going to give you something for that. Now I'm going to listen to your chest. Breathe as deeply as you can without coughing." He nodded and he couldn't take too much of a deep breath without coughing.

"Sorry." He said, his voice still quite hoarse.

"It's alright." She put her stethoscope around her neck. "Okay so you have bronchitis. I'm going to prescribe some antibiotics which you can pick up anytime. And you have an inhaler correct?" He nodded. "Good. Keep that close in case this triggers an asthma attack. Also I'm putting you on a few days rest, so no singing alright? We wouldn't want to damage your voice as it already seems strained."

"But-" He was cut off by more coughing.

"No Harry, I'm sorry. I know you have a concert tonight, but then you have a week off. Missing one concert won't hurt alright? I'll let your management know." I thanked the doctor and she left. I also asked Paul if he could pick up Harry's meds and he agreed.

"Lou." Harry whined.

"I know Haz, but we wouldn't want this to get worse or to damage your voice." He nodded and rested along the couch, eventually falling asleep.

Paul came back about 10 minutes later. He also told me that Harry had to attend the concert, even though he wouldn't be singing. It made me kind of angry that he was attending the concert with a fever and an awful cough, but I couldn't do much. I told Harry and he was fine with it, but it didn't mean I was going to watch him carefully tonight.

Luckily, Harry got to sit out of rehearsal. It wasn't until the concert where I had to drag him off the tour bus so that he didn't look too bad for the concert.

"You going to be okay, Haz?" He nodded but it wasn't very convincing.

"I don't have a choice." He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I know. I'll have your inhaler if you need it okay? Try to take it easy okay?" He nodded and we kissed before we were ushered on stage.

"Good evening London!" Liam shouted, which was usually Harry's job. "Now, normally Harry would do that, but unfortunately Harry is sick and on rest, so he won't be singing tonight, but he came just to see you all!" The crowd cheered and was mixed between get well soon and feel better. Harry smiled and gave the crowd the thumbs up as the first song began.

Harry POV

I felt awful, so I sat down for most of the concert. Whether it was on a stage prop, or just on the edge of the stage.

At one point I was on the edge of the stage, sitting and talking (kind of) with some of the close fans. One of the girls was in a wheelchair and she was beaming when I came to sit near her. She was holding a sign that said 'Can you please sign my cast?'

I hadn't noticed that she was in a cast until I looked down at her leg which was in a bright green cast. I jumped down from the stage and once I caught my breath after coughing a few times, I took a sharpie, which I keep in my pocket, and signed her cast. I gave her a hug and she was happy. Before I got back on stage, she grabbed my wrist and turned me back around.

I have something for you she signed and I assumed she was deaf. Luckily I had learned quite a bit of sign language back before I joined the band, so I understood her very easily. She then reached into her backpack and took out a small box along with a few cough drops. I've wanted to give you the gift for a while, and then I noticed you coughing so I thought those might help too.

Thank you I signed back to her, which had her beaming once again. I'll have the other boys come sign your cast as well which made her light up and almost bounce out of her seat.

I hopped back up on stage and gathered the other boys and told them about the young girl and they all agreed to sign it. While they all signed it, I opened her box and it was a bracelet. There were two sides. The outside had 'Thank you for everything' on it and the inside had 'I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you'. I quickly hopped back down to the girl where she was trying to chat with the boys so I translated for them. The concert was nearing its end, so I quickly decided to tell her something before we went off.

I love the bracelet. And thank you for saving me I signed. I took her hand and kissed it gently before hopping back up stage and heading off for the night. I placed the bracelet on and decided that it was never coming off.

"That girl was cute. She was beaming when we signed her cast. And Haz when did you learn sign language?" Liam asked.

"Known if for a while." I said brushing the hair out of my face and that's when the bracelet caught Louis' attention.

"What's that Haz?" He motioned to the bracelet on my right hand.

"She gave me a bracelet." I said, my voice still very quiet. They read both sides and smiled. "I told her that she saved me and she just about cried."

"That's really sweet. Now come on, I'm sure you're exhausted."

"Yeah I am." We headed back to the bus and a few days later I was finally better. The girl with the cast, we found on instagram and we all followed her and shared her post of the cast with all our signatures on it. I also messaged her about the bracelet which she later on posted. I was just glad that the girl was happy and alive.

A/N: Another cool request, so thank you. Also not sure how long this book will go on for, but I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon as writing calms me down, so again if you have any requests just let me know and leave them here. Next story will be up within the next week!

Treat people with kindness, enjoy your day, and stay safe!

Also Thank you so much for 10K reads!

Leah