Louis: Falling (4)

Harry POV

I came home a little later than expected after stopping at the store, so I hoped Louis fell asleep as he was very tired. I walked in the door and Louis wasn't on the couch. Of course he got up. He was stubborn and never listened to what I told him. I put the groceries down and checked the bathroom.

"Lou?" I shouted.

"In here." I heard his voice coming from the kitchen and when I went in I saw him holding his foot surrounded by glass.

"You alright? I told you not to get up." I said making my way over to him, avoiding the glass pieces spread on the floor.

"I know, but I had to pee and I was hungry and thirsty. I just dropped the glass when I was placing it back on the counter. Good thing is that I can kind of see you. It's still blurry but it's not just shadows." He said with a soft smile.

"Well that's good. Did you cut yourself?" I said gesturing to his foot."

"Umm yeah. I think it's fine" He said, slightly concerned.

"Let's get you back to the couch and I will check it out. Can you stand?" He nodded and I helped him back to the living room, sitting him down on the couch and investigating his cut on his foot. "Seems like just a scratch. It should be fine. Oh and I have your eye drops. Let's use them now." He nodded again and I fetched them from the bag. "Do you want me to do them for you or what?"

"Yea can you do them at least for the first few times so I don't miss." I laughed and said yes. He leaned back and I put the eye drops in with ease. He yawned after I was done.

"Did you sleep at all?" He shook his head no and leaned on my shoulder. "Let's go up to bed shall we?" I lifted him bridal style and he practically fell asleep on my shoulder. I laid him in bed and he was out like a light. I closed the curtains and shut the door.

For the next week we continued with the eye drops as his vision was slowly improving. By about the second week he could see again, just in time for his birthday and for Christmas. We enjoyed Christmas together and celebrated his birthday just the two of us.