All: Lightning Strike (1)

Harry POV

It was a very nice day and me and the boys were enjoying the nice weather by going to the hotel pool. They were staying in LA for about a week, so they were going to take advantage of the nice weather, as in London, the weather is not so nice.

Me and Louis were preparing the things we needed in our hotel room, while Nall and Liam did the same.

"Lou can you grab my swimsuit from the closet!" I yelled as he came into the room, already dressed, my swimsuit in his hand.

"Already done babe." He threw it at me and I quickly changed. Then we both made our way to the outdoor pool. The hotel we were staying at had multiple different buildings, so the pool was kind of in the middle of the three buildings. The hotel allowed us to take the pool for about an hour and a half without fans trying to bombard us and disrupt our peaceful swim. When we got there, Niall and Liam were already swimming.

"Took you guys long enough!" Niall yelled, splashing water out of the pool at Louis. Louis flipped him off, and jumped right in after him, seeking revenge. I was in right after.

Things were going really well. The weather turned cloudy soon after though, which was a little strange, but we didn't really notice it. It started to drizzle slightly, but again we just let it slip as it was still quite warm out. I thought I had heard a rumble of thunder, so I asked the boys if they heard it too.

"Did you guys hear that thunder?" I asked, sitting on the edge of the pool.

"No. You must be hearing things." Niall said, sitting next to me. Louis came over too, folding his arms and placing them on my legs, his head looking up at me. Damn he was so cute, I thought.

"Well I'm done swimming anyways." Louis said.

"Yeah me too." Liam said, grabbing his towel, standing in a puddle of water next to the pool.

"Yup, sounds good to me." I said, pulling Louis out of the pool and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I lifted him up as I stood and put him on the lounge chair, throwing a towel at him.

Everything after that went super fast. We were about to pack up when a huge bolt of lightning struck the metal side table close to the pool out of nowhere. Niall and I were both thrown to the ground, me going unconscious immediately. Lightning struck again, this time the lounge chair that Louis was lying in, causing him to fall out of the chair, going unconscious as well. The current from the lightning hitting the chair, must have traveled and hit Liam, because he ended up on the floor.

I woke up first. It was raining, but I couldn't hear thunder, so I had assumed the storm had passed. Let me just say that waking up and seeing your 3 best mates on the ground unconscious is not the prettiest sight. My ears were ringing, giving me a massive headache, but I had to check on the other boys. I went to Niall first who seemed to have a few burns like I did, but his seemed more extensive than mine. I checked his breathing, remembering the first aid course I took in high school, and his pulse, which both seemed normal. I took my phone and called an ambulance as I made my way to Liam who was the next closest to me. His breathing seemed slightly irregular and he had a massive bruise on his stomach, but besides that he seemed alright. Louis was a lot worse.

I lifted Niall and Liam to Louis' side so that I could keep an eye on them all. Louis' pulse was very weak and irregular. He was barely breathing and his left arm seemed a little messed up, and almost like it was broken, so I didn't touch that. From his position he looked like he had a neck injury, so I left him as still as I could, so the paramedics could take care of him properly. I soon heard the ambulance and two guys came running.

"Dave, we are going to need backup." One guy said to another as he saw our situation. "I'm Rob and I'm going to help you okay." I nodded and he started to check me over, but I swatted his hand away.

"Please help them first, I'm fine." I said, gesturing to the others.

"Sir you seem to have burns on your legs, you aren't fine. But you are stable. Did you check the others? Who seems to be the worst?" I swallowed reluctantly, and pointed to Louis.

"His pulse is really weak and his breathing is irregular, gosh I just- I don't know. Please help him." I started to tear up seeing Louis that way. Soon more paramedics came over, helping Niall and Liam, both of which seemed to gain a little bit of consciousness.

"Okay, it's okay. What's your name son?"

"Harry. A-and that's my boyfriend Louis." I said, grabbing Louis' good hand.

"Okay Harry. I splinted this arm, as it appears to be broken. He also, by the looks of things, he may have a neck injury but we won't know until we get to the hospital. Dave!" He called to his partner who came rushing over. "Take Harry into the ambulance and check him over, I'll have someone else lift Louis here on the stretcher and get him in the same ambulance and on their way to the hospital, okay?" Dave nodded and he led me to the ambulance.

"Do you want to tell me what happened Harry?" Dave said as he began to bandage the burns on my lower legs. I explained everything that happened and how we didn't even see it coming. "Okay, so just seems like you all experienced a little lightning, but you all seem physically okay for the time being."

"Is Louis going to be okay?" He hesitated for a minute before answering.

"Well I'm not sure of Louis' condition right now, but I'm sure he'll be fine. Rob is good. He's in good hands." I nodded and smiled weakly. "Are you having any trouble breathing? Or hearing or anything like that?"

"Ummm my ears are ringing and it's giving me a headache but besides that no."

"Okay ringing ears are normal after a lightning strike, as the noise can cause some damage. I'll have an ear, nose and throat specialist (ENT) check you out, along with a burn specialist to check out these burns on your legs. They seem to only be first degree, which is lucky. Also you seemed to have popped some blood vessels in your right eye. But don't worry, that's normal as well. Your eyes will just be red for a while." Dave said, finishing up my exam when Rob brought Louis over and placed him in the ambulance.

"Is he alright?" I asked, very concerned as Louis had a neck brace on and a large bandage around his head.

"He has a small burn on the back of his head and he may have broken his back, but again we can't be sure until we get to a hospital. Dave, just check his vitals and hook him to an IV with fluids and pain meds."

"Wait! What about my other friends?"

"Niall is awake, but confused. He seems to have extensive burns along his right arm, but he seems normal otherwise. Liam is still unconscious and may have some internal bleeding. They should both be fine though. Now we have to go." Rob shut the ambulance doors and began to drive to the nearest hospital. I put my head in my hands. I was so concerned for everyone. Dave came over after stabilizing Louis and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey it's alright. Look, to be honest you all should be dead. Lightning strikes are very dangerous and can kill someone instantly. That fact that you are all walking away with minor and very moderate injuries is impressive. They'll be okay." He gave me a pat on the back and I nodded. Soon we arrived at the hospital.