Harry: Cancer (4)

IMPORTANT A/N AT END OF CHAPTER PLEASE READ AND ENJOY THE CHP!

Louis POV

The day of Harry's final treatment, I took him out on the hospital's rooftop and asked him if we could renew our vows. He happily accepted and I told him that when he was officially cancer free, I would take him back to where we went for our honeymoon, and do it there. That place you ask? Paris, France.

"Love you ready to go?" I called to Harry as he made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was waiting for him. We had an appointment with Harry's oncologist to double check everything and hopefully be declared cancer free.

"I'm ready Lou. Let's go." I nodded and we walked hand in hand out to the car. It was comfortable silence the whole ride to the hospital, but it was such a tender moment that hasn't come upon us in a long time.

"Harry Styles." Harry said to the receptionist as we approached the cancer ward that we spent so much time in over the past month or so.

"The doctor will be with you in a moment." We nodded and he walked to the waiting room seats, me following close behind.

It was quite the wait as we weren't emergent, but eventually a nurse called us back and brought us to an exam room. She took Harry's blood and my vitals, telling us the doctor will be back in 20 minutes or so to go over the results with us.

The anxiety of waiting was just like it was before we were told that Harry had cancer. The anxious feeling in the air, only this time we were just making sure that Harry was cancer free.

A soft knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts and my grip on Harry's hand tightened as the doctor walked in the room.

"Hi boys." She said, placing her clipboard on her lap as she sat on the stool across from us.

Basically the next ten minutes went by discussing Harry's lab results and how they have much improved from the last one, which was when his last treatment took place.

She spoke lots of medical jargon that didn't really make sense, until she finally finished the conversation with the one thing we have been waiting to hear.

"Harry, you have been declared cancer free." The words flew out of her mouth like she has said it before, but the feeling it gave me had me wrapping my arms around Harry's neck in an instant. He returned the favor and he was crying when I pulled away, but that is only fair as it has been quite the emotional rollercoaster.

"Thank you so much! I don't know what to say." He eventually said to the doctor after we had both calmed down.

"Then don't say anything." She then went into how she wanted Harry to get yearly blood tests for the next 5 years and then every 5 years to be sure the cancer never relapses and if that was the only catch, then so be it.

We walked out of the hospital for hopefully the last time in while and hopped in the car, eager to get home. We told all our families the news and they were pleased for Harry's sake.

"So can we go to Paris now Lou?" He asked as I started driving. I looked over at him when the car came to a stop and smiled.

"Of course."

A/N: Sorry this took so long, but I told you it would be a happy ending. Anyways, I probably won't be updating as much for this story at least until my other story is complete. Plus this takes a lot of my time, and with college, it probably won't be updated for a few weeks. I do appreciate all reading as it's almost at 23K, which is literally insane. Thank you so much

I really hope you take the time to read my other pieces of work as well as I've spent a lot of time on them. Feel free to leave requests, just note that they may not be completed for a while now. Anyways, treat people with kindness as always and enjoy your day

~ Leah