Louis: Wisdom Teeth (3)

Louis POV

I woke up and was in a lot of pain. I had a headache and my mouth was still a little numb, but I could definitely feel the pain. The ice in the bag on my face was water now and wasn't cold anymore.

"Haz?" I called, but received no response. I slowly sat up and saw a note on the coffee table. I reached for it and it read:

Loubear,

Went to the grocery store to get you some soft foods. Be back soon!

Hazza

I laid back down and groaned because I wasn't sure where Harry kept my medication and I was quite dizzy from the pain and my headache, so just decided to suffer until Harry got back.

He came back about 10 minutes later and I was relieved to see him as I needed pain meds, the bathroom and some food. He came in somewhat quiet, but then dropped that tactic as he saw I was awake.

"Oh Lou you are awake." He said as he placed the bags on the kitchen island. "How are you feeling?"

"It hurts. A lot. And I have a headache." He nodded and went to stand, but I stopped him. "Also I need the bathroom and want some food."

"Of course. Bathroom first?" He asked and I nodded. He helped me stand and I'm glad I waited for him to return, because I'm very dizzy and basically collapsed into his arms.

"Sorry. 'M a bit dizzy."

"It's alright Lou, that's why I'm right behind you." We got into the bathroom and he helped me get settled, before leaving. "Call me when you are done. Gonna put the groceries away."

He closed the door gently and I did my business. I stood up carefully, holding onto the sink and pulled up my pants. I washed my hands and opened the door, calling for Harry.

"All good?" I nodded and he led me to the kitchen, sitting me down at the table, instead of the island as I was very dizzy and it was safer. "Alright what do you want? I can do oatmeal, eggs, soup, or I could make a smoothie. What are you thinking?"

"Guess some eggs, not a lot though. Don't want something too heavy. And maybe a bottle of water?" he smiled and nodded, grabbing a water from the fridge, along with the eggs.

He handed me the water and I watched as he started to prepare the eggs. He turned on the stove and I just sat and admired all of him. I eventually laid my head on the table because even though I slept for a good few hours, I was still super tired, plus the pain wasn't helping either.

I heard the stove turn off and he put the plate in front of me and one for himself. He took the orange pill bottles and poured out the pills I needed. I started to eat, but he stopped me and I looked at him with a confused expression.

"You have to let it cool." I put the fork down and he handed me the pills and a water bottle. "Take you pills first, then eat."

"Thank you." He nodded and sat beside me, digging into his eggs as I placed the pills in my mouth, swallowing them with ease. I waited a few more minutes until the eggs were lukewarm and not the best tasting, but it was better than nothing.

We both ate in silence and he took both our plates when we were finished. He walked me back to the couch and sat me down.

"Do you want to go up to bed? I know it's just barely 5pm, but I think you would be more comfortable."

"Yeah sure, but can you bring more ice? I'm supposed to ice it on and off for the first few days." He nodded and went to the freezer, grabbed an ice pack and returned. He helped me up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I began to strip into something more comfortable and I got under the covers. He took the holder that was around my head before and filled it with ice.

"Okay this is going to be cold, but it'll help" I nodded as he wrapped it around my head and put the ice in place. It was very cold, but it did provide relief. He helped tuck me in as I started to already drift off.

"Thanks Haz" He responded by kissing my forehead and turning off the light.

"I'll be back to check on you in a bit. Try to sleep." I nodded and he left.

Over the next week, the swelling and pain reduced a lot, and I was able to go a day without taking pain meds. I started eating regular foods about 5 days after the surgery, but I took it slow.

Harry was an amazing help and always made sure I was comfortable and never in pain. I love him so much.