Harry: Seizures (3)

We sat in silence after that. It was going on two hours before we actually heard some news. Soon there was a knock on the door and the same nurse from before came in, sitting across from me and Liam.

"Okay, so i have some news." She said.

"Is he okay?" I said. I was anxious for anything at this point.

"Let me explain." I took a deep breath as Liam grabbed my hand as a way of comfort. "We did some tests and found something. The seizure today was definitely not his first. He has had multiple before today. He's probably been having them for a few months."

"A few months? How?"

"Like you said, it appears as daydreaming. It's called an absence seizure. Most of the time people don't notice them as they don't last for very long. We did some blood tests and epileptic tests as well. He doesn't have epilepsy, which is good and bad. Good as he won't have to deal with seizures for the rest of his life. Bad as we don't know what's causing them. We placed him in a medically induced coma to hopefully prevent any further brain damage that may have been caused by the seizures."

"So what could be causing them? He's always been pretty healthy. He doesn't smoke, he drinks responsibly, so what?" Liam asked. The nurse sighed before continuing.

"We ran a brain scan and found a mass." My heart sunk. A mass? So many things ran through my mind, with the biggest worry that it's cancer. "Don't worry though, it's not cancer. It's a benign mass, which means it's not cancerous. It's probably been growing for years. The reason he started having seizures is because it's started to press on his brain. He is currently being prepped for surgery to remove it."

"He has to have brain surgery?!" I shouted. Liam placed his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. "C-can I at least see him before?"

"We can probably give you a few minutes, but the quicker we remove the mass, the better it will be for his sake. He is still having seizures even under the coma, but he doesn't feel it. Come on." The nurse led us out of the room and up to the neuro ICU. We approached Harry's room and I was visibly shaking. "It's okay Louis. He isn't in any pain. We will give you guys the room, but after 5 minutes we have to take him up to prevent any more brain damage, okay?"

I nodded as I opened the door, Liam following closely behind. Harry looked so vulnerable and broken, but at least he was at peace. He had a tube down his throat and was connected to many wires and tubes. I took his hand and kissed it gently. I couldn't stand seeing him like this. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground.

"Woah, Louis are you okay?" I shook my head and just started crying. The nurse came back in and started to take Harry away.

"No please! I can't lose him!" I went to go to him, but Liam held me back. "Liam stop, let me go to him." But Liam didn't let go. The same nurse that has been checking on us came to me as they wheeled Harry out of the room and down the hall.

"Louis, they need to help him. He'll be okay. Come on, let's go back to the waiting room. I'll grab you boys some food. I didn't catch your name."

"I'm Liam. Thank you." We went back to the private waiting room and I eventually fell asleep as we waited for Harry's surgery to be finished.