Harry: Seizures (4)

The nurse came into the waiting room about four hours later. I had fallen asleep, so she gently shook my shoulder. Liam was in another chair asleep as well.

"Louis?" I stirred gently, then became wide awake when I saw the nurse. "Sorry love. I have an update."

"No it's fine." I threw the pillow over at Liam, in hope to wake him. He grunted, so I yelled over to him. "Liam!"

"Go away Louis. Leave me be." He said

"Liam, they have an update on Harry." That caused him to sit up and eventually he saw the nurse. He came and sat by me as the nurse sat on the small coffee table in front of us.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's fine. The surgery went really well. They were able to remove the entire mass. He's resting in his room right now." The nurse said shuffling through the papers on her clipboard.

"Can we see him?"

"Yes. But first, I have to warn you on what to expect when you see him. "

"What do you mean?" I was worried.

"We still aren't sure if there is any brain damage. It's possible there is, but we have to wait until he wakes up and we do some tests. It's also possible that he will continue to have seizures while the swelling in his brain goes down, but that's normal. Would you like to see him now?"

Liam and I nodded and got up and followed the nurse through the hospital. We then stopped outside a closed door. I could see Harry through the glass window and he looked peaceful. I hated seeing him in the hospital though.

"Don't worry Louis. He isn't in any pain. He's just resting and should hopefully be waking up soon. He has some wires attached to his head, but they are just tracking to make sure he isn't having any seizures. He also has a bandage wrapped around his head to help with his incision. Just try not to jostle him too much, okay?"

"Thank you." I made my way into the room and by Harry's side. Liam was on the other side, gently rubbing his hand. I took Harry's other hand in mine and kissed it gently. This made Harry stir slightly.

"Hazza?" I asked Liam to give me time alone with him and he nodded, closing the room's door behind him. His eyes fluttered open and looked around the room. "Haz, it's okay. I'm here." He looked toward me and was definitely confused.

"W-what happened?" He started to sit up, but I stopped him, as he needed to lay down and rest.

"No Harry, you have to lay down. You just had surgery. Relax." I put my hand on his shoulder and it seemed to calm him.

"Surgery? What?"

"Yes, darling. You were having seizures and there was a mass on your brain. It wasn't cancer or anything like that, but they had to remove it. It was successful."

"Seizures? I was having seizures. I thought I just fainted." He trailed off on the last part and I was confused.

"What do you mean you thought you just fainted?"

"The other morning, after I got out of the shower, I lost my memory completely, forgetting if I grabbed my clothes before I got in the shower. I went back to the bedroom and got a huge headache and don't remember much after that. I woke up like 20 minutes later and was late for work that day. I thought I was just stressed or something."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I was a little hurt.

"I'm sorry babe, but I just didn't get the chance. Sorry."

"I'm not mad at you, it's just-" I sighed. "I could have helped you and maybe prevented me finding you in the state I did."

"Come here babe." He reached his arms out, and I cuddled close. I put head in the crock of his neck, careful not to move the wires. I closed my eyes and continued to speak. I couldn't see his face.

"Are you okay though? Are you in any pain?" I waited for his response, but there was nothing. His hold on me loosened and I got up. I noticed the monitor that was attached to his head started spiking. Then his blood pressure shot up and then he started convulsing. "Shit."

I pressed the emergency button on the wall as I began to turn him on his side, placing him in the recovery position. Two nurses and a doctor came in and took my place. I dropped to my knees in the corner of the room as Liam came back in a knelt beside me. He took me in his embrace and hugged me close. We waited for a few minutes as Harry's seizure came to a slow and I was able to go back to him. The nurse adjusted his meds as she noticed that I had been crying and was really upset.

"He's okay. It's to be expected as his brain heals. This is actually an improvement. The meds that I just gave him should help prevent any further seizures. He'll be awake soon." I just nodded and waited once again.