Chapter One

I increased my pace as the mansion came into my view, I was very late.

I worked as a housekeeper for the Cokers, a really nice and generous couple. Unfortunately, they were only able to have one son, Yinka, after many years of trying. He was sent to London to study music after which he remained there permanently as that was where most his fans were based.

He would visit them occasionally and later return back but this time around he was returning to Nigeria indefinitely and he arrived yesterday.

I hadn't begun working for the Cokers when he made those irregular visits and I started working with them three years ago which was a long time to be away from home.

On getting to the gate, I dialed the gateman to open up before I got there. It was an agreement we both made; I would flash (call briefly) him and he would leave the gate open for me so I wouldn't have to start banging on it. Pushing it open, I rushed towards the back door which was where the cleaners, gatemen and the rest used to access the house.

Once I had entered the changing room, I quickly changed into my uniform; a light pink check material that stopped right on my knee and dashed out to meet up with Mrs. Abigail. She was the cook and was also in charge of all the staffs working in the house.

Mrs. Abigail had a tough exterior look but was a big softy on the inside. She could be a little strict on the staff but that was only to keep us on our toes. As long as we did our jobs properly, she had no problems with anyone. She was in her mid-40s with only one daughter who was currently in her final year in the university. Her daughter would sometimes come around to help out her mum.

"You're late" Mrs. Abigail said as soon as I entered into the kitchen.

"I know, I'm sorry" I replied with an apologetic tone. "I had an impromptu class and -"

"Whatever" she interjected with the wave of her hand. "Just get to work quickly"

"Yes ma" I saluted before scurrying off to my duty post.

There were about three other maids who worked along with me: Mary, Peace and Bisola.

We were given different posts to do; I was to take care of all the bedrooms in the house - sweep, dust, wash the linens and their laundries and so on. Peace and Bisola were to take care of the living room and other parts of the house including the compound surrounding while Mary was to work along with Mrs. Abigail in the kitchen, assist her and also go out for grocery runs.

I headed to the utilities closet where the cleaning equipment were kept. Grabbing the equipment I needed which included a broom, mop stick and bucket, dust parker and others, I headed to Yinka, the son's room.

I wanted to start out from there before moving further to his parents room because one, it was easy for me that way. Two, I was curious to see what the famous Yinka who Mrs. Coker couldn't stop talking about all week looked like.

Although, I heard from Bisola that he 'fine die' in her own words which meant he was incredibly handsome. She basically went on to emphasize how much of a stud he was and how he had a lot of girls who were fawning over him.

Bisola had been working here long before I came so she had met him once when he had one of his sporadic returns.

Approaching his room, I place a few soft knocks on the door and awaited a response but I didn't get any so I assumed he wasn't in.

I slowly pushed the door open and poked my head in to make sure the room was completely empty. With no one in sight, I fully walked into the room rolling the cleaning equipment along.