Chapter Fifty-nine

The blurry images of trees breezed past us and I stared out the window, mindlessly enjoying the view. The road was clear with the exception of two or three cars and Yinka was driving at the exact car speed limit along the long, winding road.

Mr. and Mrs. Coker had travelled to Osun state for a friend's father's burial ceremony. The next day, an uneventful Friday morning, Yinka suggested we go out on a date later that afternoon. I made sure to finish my duties on time and then we drove back to my place so I could get properly dressed.

He hinted that I wear something comfortable, so I knew it wasn't somewhere highly prim and proper or reserved for classy people with exquisite tastes. Even with the hint, I still took quite a while to get ready. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that he was going to make things official. I wanted to look nice but at the same time, I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

I settled on a white long-sleeved, chest hollow out mesh crop top coupled with a spaghetti-strapped deep green Ankara mini gown with red clover-like designs and white sneakers. The gown stopped a few inches above my knees with a small back slit, a red bow to the side of my waist and clung to me like a glove. The gown was a gift from my previous modelling and advertisement gig.

I went for a natural make-up look. The sun was scorching hot and I didn't want to prance around with dripping or cracked up makeup. As an avid box braids representative, I had my braids in a half-up, half-down style and last but not least, my couple necklace rested on my chest, just a couple inches from where the mesh top ended and the gown began.

Yinka's hand placement on my exposed thigh pulled me back into the confinements of the car. I glanced at him through the side of my eyes and noticed a notorious naughty smirk begin to form on the corner of his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him before returning to the scene outside the car.

He took my silence and indifference as a green light to start slow and sensual motion on my thigh with his hand. I felt the cold metal of his wristwatch on his wrist, make contact with my skin and made me slightly flinch.

I angled my head to him and raised an eyebrow at him, holding an amused smile. His eyes remained on the road for a good minute before he gave into my drilling stare and spared me a glance. The moment his eyes landed on my face, he immediately burst out laughing and returned his hand to the steering wheel just in time to turn into the premises of our destination.

"You're not serious" I laughed, throwing my head back.

We found a good parking spot in no time, there were not many cars parked in outside the building. Once the engine went off, I got out of the car and began to stretch out my legs from sitting in the car for a while. Yinka got out of the car, locked and tried the door twice to be sure before making his way around to my side.

Then, we walked hand in hand to the fairly tall building ahead. I made sure to subtly fall back and admire the wonderful man holding unto my hand. He could put on the simplest article of clothing and make it look highly stylish. He had on an all-black outfit; a fitted tee and fairly ripped jeans with perfectly white sneakers. A solid silver curb chain along with his couple necklace, a silver Rolex and a pair of designer shades were the only accessories he adorned himself with.

On our way in, I noticed the words 'LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTRE' indicated on the building and I began budding thoughts on what to expect. I was sure I'd heard of this place once but was never moved to dream of going.

We met five more people sitting in the waiting area. After a brief period, we discovered that we were all scheduled for the 2 pm tour session. Shortly after being given a wrist tag to signify payment, a tall lanky man approached the group and began giving a welcome speech of what to expect and our dos and don'ts.