Chapter Twelve

Loud, deafening music. Sweaty, gyrating bodies. Alcohol-induced minds. Dim colored lights.

This was definitely not my scene.

I barely dodged a tall, lanky guy who staggered past me. It was clear, the guy was drunk out of his mind and so was half of the people in this club. The other half was on their way to being wasted.

I felt a hand grab mine, I looked up to meet Jamil's face. We both swerved through the dancing bodies on the ground floor of the club until we finally approached a much clearer path. There were two buff men standing at the end of a short staircase which obviously led to a VIP section.

None of the boys needed to show the buff men any form of identification, they just let them pass through like they were regulars. I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Jamil led me to a secluded spot, the others were already seated on the long leather sofa. He released my hand and then placed himself down on the sofa beside Mide. Ezer was seated at the opposite end of the sofa, Yinka was beside him and then the blonde wig girl whose name turned out to be Prisca. The only available spot was beside Jamil as Mide was on the other side of Prisca.

As I settled down beside Jamil, I let my roam around the VIP section. There were a couple of sections like ours which were occupied by rich-looking guys and overly attentive girls hovering around them.

Wow. So this was what a club looked like.

This was actually my first time being in a club. I wasn't really a fan of such places and even if I was, my schedule never permitted such frivolities. I had seen a couple of club scenes in movies so I wasn't completely lost. Although, it was one thing to watch it and another to experience it.

In my bid to soak up my environment, my eyes landed on Prisca who had hers glued on me. She was probably wondering why on earth I was seated here, amongst her clique.

To be honest, so was I.

I had agreed to watch a movie but ended up at a high-end club with my boss's son and friends. After the whole awkward encounter with Prisca, Ezer went ahead to make inquiries about the movie we intended to watch. It turned out that the time for the movie had long past and the next movie scheduled for that night, they'd already seen it.

At that point, I felt it was God's way of saying 'Ngwanu, Chineye start going home'. I wasn't even in the least bit upset that we missed the movie. The levels of embarrassment and awkwardness I experienced this evening alone were more than enough to last a lifetime.

My relief was short-lived as Ezer suggested we head to Ablaze. I don't know why it never crossed my mind to ask what 'Ablaze' was, if I had known it was a club I would've called it a night right there. It was very unlike me to mindlessly do things, I was more cautious and outspoken.

I guess being around aristocrats made me feel a bit intimidated.

A female staff approached our table in seconds and Ezer ordered a bunch of alcoholic drinks whose names I didn't recognize. The names did sound fancy and extremely expensive. It didn't take long for the drinks to arrive, two female staff returned to the table, each holding a metallic ice bucket, drinks, and a stick shooting lights from it.

The buckets drew a little attention to us, few people craned their necks trying to see who the drinks were going to. I noticed some girls eyeing us, probably mentally taking their pick amongst the boys. The first female staff from before later returned with glasses for the drinks.

Ezer slapped and then rubbed his palms together as he leaned forward in his seat. "Let's get this party rolling."

"I'll have a little alcohol boost and then find a little damsel to make this night worthwhile." A naughty smirk played on his lips as he spoke.