Chapter Ten

"Let's move on to the next factor--" the lecturer said as he moved around the place, gesticulating with his hands.

I released a tired sigh, placed my arms on the table and rested my cheek on my left palm. The hall was jam packed and the fans weren't working so we relied on air coming in through the windows.

It was the last class I had for the day and I was already tired. The hot, carbon dioxide filled room wasn't helping matters. I couldn't process half of what the lecturer was saying, I just kept praying for the class to be over soon so I could go home.

I glanced at my wristwatch and noticed that the lecturer had thirty minutes left.

Ahh. Thank God

I busied myself with searching for people who were dozing off. I had already stopped listening to the lecture and tuning back in now would be a waste of time. I'd be completely lost.

I couldn't find any dozing scapegoats that I could use as my source of entertainment so I pulled out my phone from my bag and began to look through my messages cautiously under my table.

I read a message from my sister asking if I was done with my lectures so we could go home together. She always headed home with a friend or two accompanying her through half or the entire journey.

It was clear her friends weren't available and she didn't have anyone to walk with, for her to text me. She hated walking or going anywhere alone, always looking for a partner.

I'll be done in thirty minutes. I texted her back

I placed my phone back into my bag and moved on to doodling on the back of my notebook, the rest of the class.

"So, I'll see you guys whenever we see next" the lecturer said before walking out of the lecture hall.

"Finally..." I drawled out as I rose from my seat and stretched my arms.

"Asin" Tope agreed, rising from her seat as well.

"I'm coming" Emeka said to us before walking out of the class.

"Where's he going?" Felix asked no one in particular

I raised my shoulders and hummed an 'I don't know' to him. People fizzled out of the hall and the hot air gradually cleared up.

Uju looked up from her phone. "Please, what are we waiting for here?"

"I want to gather energy before heading to that park. Cause I know people would be struggling to enter bus" Tope answered as she propped herself against the table, almost sitting on it.

"Eh-en. Okay now, I'll leave you guys cause I want to meet my baby" she said with a ridiculous smile on her face

"We go love oh" I teased

She laughed and took Feyi's hand, pulling her along. "Feyi's following me" she announced

"Bye bye" I waved at them

"I dey use style wait Emeka, where did he even go to?" Felix said as he scanned outside the hall for any signs of Emeka.

At that moment, Emeka walked into the hall carrying two small black nylon bags. He came and sat beside me and then pulled out two galas and a bottle of Pepsi which he placed in front of me. He then proceeded to bring out the same thing and place them in front of him, only that he had a bottle of Sprite.

"Is this for me?" I asked a bit confused and he nodded.

"Oh wow. Thank you" I said a slightly taken aback.

I didn't ask him to get me anything but if he would go out of his way to get me food, who am I to refuse.

"Ah ahn. So we that were waiting for you, we are not human beings. Nothing for us" Tope voiced out