Chapter Fourteen

I inhaled deeply as I braced myself. I placed a light knock on Yinka's door before pushing it open. I didn't even get to walk two steps into the room before a gasp escaped my lips.

Yinka was sat on the edge of his bed, legs widespread, slightly reclined with his hands supporting his weight. A random girl was kneeling between his legs, her hands dangerously close to his crotch area. Luckily, they were both fully clothed when I walked in. If had come in minutes later, I think I would've needed to bleach my eyes.

"Oh my God!" I quickly spun on my heels and marched out of the room with cleaning equipment in hand.

My eyes remained widened as I leaned against the wall near the wall.

Omo...

This was the second girl I was encountering in his bedroom and I knew that she wouldn't be the last. I just hoped not to walk in on activities in the future.

What do I do now? Do I go and come back much... much later? Or do I hang around for a while? I mean I just walked in on them, they wouldn't just continue from where they stopped... Or would they?

I had roughly three hours before my afternoon class and I needed to be in school before then to submit an assignment. I don't know how long it's going to take before the room is free for me to work.

"I'll just come back," I said to myself

As I made to move, the bedroom door swung open and the girl speed-walked out of the room with her head bent low. She had on an off-the-shoulder, long-sleeved, black mini dress with red floral prints that hugged her body and a black tiny purse that could only fit a phone, slung across her shoulder.

I don't know if it was embarrassment or shyness that made her avoid my gaze but her determination to avoid interacting with me was futile.

I called out to her. "Excuse me. You're going the wrong way"

She halted and then turned around. "Oh..."

"It's this way," I said pointing in the opposite direction.

"Oh... thank you," she said with embarrassment laced in her voice as she finally lifted her head.

Her black wig was pulled down a little to her forehead, leaving just a little space above her brows. It was obvious she had hurriedly tugged on it before stepping out. She was quite pretty though.

"Do you need me to show you the way out?" I said as she walked past me.

"No. Thank you" she replied quickly without looking back at me.

I picked up the cleaning equipment that I had dropped beside me and moved to the door. It was slightly ajar but I still proceeded to knock.

"Come in"

'Good morning. Sorry for interrupting" I rushed out as I walked into the room.

He was standing by his bedside with his phone in his hand. He had on a cream sweatshirt and matching pants. He did not respond but only looked up from his phone and trailed my movement.

I had anticipated some tension, especially after the whole Saturday thing but this morning just added a little more to it. I ignored the stare and moved to take care of the bed.

I didn't know what was going on in his mind and truthfully, I didn't want to know. I had had enough time to think about what he said after I got into the Bolt ride. It might not have been my fault that I was attacked but if I hadn't been there, it wouldn't have happened. At least, not to me.

After a short while, he picked up his car keys from the bedside table and left the room. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

I had decided to focus solely on my work. Thinking back, I didn't understand why I acted the way I did. Why did I feel like I needed to challenge Yinka? Why did it feel like we had some kind of beef going on? Like I needed to counter him?