Chapter Sixty-one

Guilt. That was all I felt. It was ironic, how after minutes of lustful pleasures, I was now overwhelmed with guilt and shame. Having to lie about being sick to Mrs. Abigail right after, made me feel even worse. I couldn't count how many times I'd asked for God's forgiveness in my head.

Everything about what happened minutes ago was wrong. I shouldn't have allowed it to get that far. In fact, I shouldn't have agreed to shower together. Many thoughts flittered through my mind and for every thought, the guilt intensified. As I sat on the bed, dressed in a spaghetti-strapped yellow top and jeans shorts, I pondered on the point of this trip. I mean, what was next? Sex?

I've seen what people's bae-cations look like

It occurred to me that I hadn't expressed my stance on sex and its junior colleagues. I knew well, that Yinka had a very active sex life and I wasn't sure how my decision would affect our relationship.

God, it hasn't even been up to a full day.

"Are you ready to go?" Yinka's gentle voice pulled out of my reverie.

"Huh... Oh yeah," I arose from the bed and adjusted my outfit.

I grabbed my phone from its charger and walked over to join him, by the bedroom door. He took my hands in his and I had an intense urge to pull it back but I didn't. My problem was not with him but with myself.

I plastered a tight-lipped smile and looked up at him. "So, what's the plan?"

"Uhm, anything and everything" he grinned at me

"Okay" I nodded and averted my eyes to the ground

"So, I'm thinking we could start with a cord bike ride through the 'Jungle' and end with like water activities. I feel–"he suggested as we stepped out of our 'hut'.

I couldn't pay attention to what he was saying. My mind kept drifting away and I wasn't feeling up to anything but I also didn't want to ruin his plans with my sour mood.

I felt a light squeeze on our locked hands. "You're not listening. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Sorry, what did you say?"

He searched my face, his tone dripping with concern. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I tried my best to put on a genuine smile and even chuckled a bit for full assurance.

He released my hand and pulled me even closer, by wrapping an arm around my waist. "Okay. Let's go"

"Yeah" I added with halfhearted excitement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going too fast. Slowdown" Yinka yelled out from behind me.

I cackled with excitement as I turned the corner, along the jungle race path.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Before nkor" I threw over my shoulder and cackled even more.

He laughed as well and I could picture him shaking his head at me.

Somehow, in the course of the cord bike ride, I loosened up. Was it the wind rushing through me? Or the thrilling feel of the ride? Or the beautiful scenery of the forest that breezed past my line of sight? I didn't know but I felt lighter and much better than I was earlier.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Yinka's bike catching up to me and an excited shrill escaped as I charged forward. We stopped at some point to take cute pictures for memories. The backdrop of the forestry called the Jungle enhanced the quality of the pictures.