Chapter Seven

I was sprawled out lazily on my bed. My study alarm had rang about ten minutes ago but I still wasn't able to bring myself to get up. My bones felt too heavy to even move and with each passing minute, the desire to go back to sleep intensified.

It was sunny Sunday afternoon. We had attended Church service early in the morning by 7am and once we got back, we went straight to our beds and dozed off.

Oluchi and I preferred attending the very first service of the day in order for us to have the rest of the day from 10am to ourselves. Being students, we were already used to waking up at such an early time so it wasn't much of a hassle.

The feeling of knowing, we had already attended Church and there was nothing else weighing on our minds. We could choose to sleep the rest of the day through if we wanted.

"Neye, do you want to wash this shirt?" Oluchi lifted a blue shirt in the air.

"Yes, thank you" I replied

She gathered the shirt along with other clothes, both hers and mine, and stepped out of the room. Saturdays were our usual laundry day but Oluchi didn't feel up to doing it.

We usually took turns in washing each others clothes every weekend. If I were to wash on a weekend, Oluchi would take care of cleaning the entire apartment.

I stretched out my arm on the bed and picked my phone beside me. I tapped on my YouTube app.

After I discovered Yinka's YouTube channel, I became curious as to what his channel about, the contents he makes and to know what he was like back in the UK.

Once I started watching his videos, I became intrigued. His channel was filled with vlogs, mukbangs, collaborations with friends and his music videos. They were all really fun to watch, I could see his charismatic personality shine through.

I also got to listen to some of his songs and watch his music videos. It was easy to deduct that he had a very good singing voice and rhythm.

Although, most of his songs were centered or referring to money, women, sex and partying. It really didn't speak to the soul or touch me on the inside, the songs were really good for clubing/partying.

I actually recognized one of his songs because it was played during his 'welcome back' party. I made sure to avoid the reposted vlog video because I didn't want to see comments asking 'who I was' and things like that.

I clicked on one of his videos that I recently downloaded using his house WiFi. I was going to use the video to keep my mind active till my body was ready to co-operate with me.

Oluchi re-entered the room and headed straight for the wardrobe. She picked up a new packet of washing bar soap before heading for the door.

She peered into my phone enroute to the door. "You're still watching this guy's videos" she pointed out and then walked out of the room.

She had seen me watching one of his videos the day before but I didn't think she took note of it because she didn't seem interested.

After the video ended, I willed myself to get out of my bed. I had some assignments pending and a lot of reading to catch-up on.

"Now, which one do I start with?" I muttered to myself as I walked over to the reading table, my sister and I shared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five hours later

My assignments were finally done and so was most of my reading. I still had one more course I hadn't visited because I was getting tired and bored of staring at textbooks and learning materials. The outstanding subject wasn't so tasking and didn't require much to understand it.