Chapter Thirty-three

A couple of minutes after I stepped into the Coker's residence through the back door, Yinka emerged from the front door. He had on a silk black tank top, a size larger than him with matching shorts. He had a black gym bag slung across his left shoulder and in his right was a brown rectangular box. I wasn't close enough to read the inscriptions on the box but from my standpoint, I could make out a circular symbol on the box.

"You stepped out quite early this morning" I pointed out as I walked further into the living room.

"Yeah" he replied, walking towards one of the sofas and placing the bag and box on it. "Decided to hit the gym. I realized it put me in a good mood and sets my day whenever I do that" He did a little stretch, flexing his arm muscles.

I was heading for the kitchen and I guessed he was as well, judging that he fell in line behind me. I intended to briefly see Mrs. Abigail before I started my day but there wasn't a person in sight. Yinka headed for the fridge and pulled out a cold bottle of water.

"I can't say I relate to you. I don't think doing strenuous exercise makes me energized for the day" I threw over my shoulder before coming to stand in front of the island counter. "To come here every day requires a lot of mental preparation and push"

He pouted like a child. "And here I thought you looked forward to seeing me every day"

O si no gini? (He said what now?)

"Pele sir," I said sarcastically. (Sorry)

He placed his hand on his chest and shut his eyes dramatically. "You wound me"

I tilted my head at him, considering my response to that statement but as seconds passed I figured I'd just stay silent. I clicked my teeth and climbed onto one of the high stools. I was going to wait a short while for Mrs. Abigail to pop in.

He threw back the bottle and downed the last content. "Anyways, I also stopped at the mall to get a ring light. I figured we'd need it since most contents would be shot inside the house"

"We?"

"Yeah" he replied with a firm nod

I chuckled and shot him a poker face. "What makes you so sure I'd be open to shooting more videos with you?"

"You wouldn't?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing

To be honest, I don't know.

I didn't say that. Instead, a small smile etched at the corner of my lips. "Who knows, Would I?"

He stared at me with narrowed eyes for a couple of seconds before turning away. "You're playing with me" he walked over to the waste bin that was a few meters away from me and trashed his bottle.

I raised my eyebrows at him but my sly smile had turned into a full one. "Who's playing with you? When you're not a baby"

"I can't take you seriously with that smile on your face," he said, pointing at my face

"You better don't look at my face o. I'm smiling but I'm very serious. Overly serious. Completely serious. What other word can I use?" I said, making a circular motion with my hand.

He just stared at me quietly.

"Whatever" I waved my hand in the air. "You need to convince me. Why should I shoot more videos with you? What do I gain from it? Persuade me" I said folding my hands across my chest.

"Easy," he said cockily, flexing an eyebrow. "First of all, you love the compliments you get in the comment section," he paused, giving me a chance to make an input