Chapter Forty-eight

My lips formed an 'O' shape as I exclaimed in amazement. "That was cool" I pointed to the laptop screen.

"Right? You could see my eyes go wide when he did that flip" he said and went back ten seconds in the video. "Right there" he pointed at the screen.

I nodded. "Yeah"

We were reacting to the new music video, more like I was reacting it to it for the first time. The remix dropped four days ago and I hadn't gotten to see it yet. Yinka specifically instructed that I wait so he could catch my genuine reaction to the video on camera for YouTube.

I wasn't sure I had much to say or reactions to give. I've seen a couple reaction videos and how they notice the tiniest of details that I wouldn't even have thought much of. I watch videos for the fun of it, not to observe and identify some kind of iconic detail but I was going to try for hm.

"Wait, did you see that hand movement?" Yinka leaned in to pause the video before turning to me.

"What hand movement?"

He took the video ten seconds back and stayed leaned in, waiting for the aforementioned part to come on. "There," he pointed to one of the dancers in the crowd.

"Oh," I said, nodding my head unsure of what my reaction should be.

He glanced at me and snickered. "You don't get, do you? That move is not as easy as it looks" he then proceeded to wobble his arms around in replication of the move.

"Oh... okay" I nodded slowly in understanding

Arms still in the air, mid-motion, he side-eyed me and cocked up his eyebrow about half a millimetre then moved his lips to the side. It was such a subtle and swift facial morphing that wouldn't have been caught if I didn't look just in time.

"Why did you—" I burst out laughing, flopping back unto the bed.

"What?" he feigned ignorance but the amusement in his face gave him away.

I came back up with a straight face and smoothened out my black blunt cut wig. "Nothing. Let's continue"

"What the—" his eyebrows knitted with confusion.

"What? Let's continue" I said with a soft tone as I leaned forward to tap on the laptop.

I could feel his gaze on the side of my face as I sat up straight. I tried my best to keep a straight face but underneath the surface, I was bubbling with laughter. I ended up exploding with laughter and flying back unto the bed after two seconds.

"What is wrong with you?" he said, amidst his laughter and paused the music video.

I don't know myself.

"Sorry. Let me be serious now" I said, clearing my throat as I sat up

Yinka looked at me sideways, shook his head and snickered but then graduated into laughter.

I lightly hit him behind the shoulder. "Stop now. If you laugh, I'll start laughing"

He leaned away from my reach. "See this girl, how is that my fault?"

I chuckled and bit my inner cheeks to prevent it from progressing. "Let's be serious and watch this thing. In fact, I'm watching it without you"

I tapped on the space bar of the laptop and felt him move back to my side. We watched the rest of the three minutes fifty-six seconds video without any interruptions with the exception of a few commentaries.

"So... what do you think about the whole video?" Yinka asked as the video came to an end.

"It was really good. The costumes, cinematography, the dancers, everything was perfect. I mean for the first time, I noticed all the subtle details in a video. Well, maybe it's because I had to react to it and not watch leisurely but still..." I looked from the camera to Yinka to find him intensively watching me.