Chapter Fifty

Yesterday was a roller coaster of events. After getting home, I had time to ponder on what had occurred and in all honestly, I still felt Yinka was completely wrong. The only change in my outlook was the fact that I was a little too harsh on him. I realized that I did nothing to diffuse the situation at the time. Maybe it was my alcohol clouded judgement or my previously lingering irritation towards Yinka.

I was heading to work with a clear mind now and was ready to settle the whole thing once and for all. In my head, I'd already gone overall I wanted to say and had chastised myself beforehand to be patient with him. We were both adults after all.

I arrived at the house a couple of minutes after one in the afternoon. My entire morning was packed with lectures and that gave room for Emeka and me to talk. He was extremely apologetic about disrupting the party.

"Ah thank God, Neye you're here," Bisola said as stopped me in my tracks on the corridor.

"What happened?"

"Nothing o but I just wan warn you sha" she lowered her voice and scanned our environment before she continued. "Small Oga dey vex bad bad" (I just want to warn you)

"Why?"

"I don't know o. He been dey vex since yesterday night and you no say na you dey work for his room, just dey careful" she said as her eyes darted around us. "I just say make I clear you sha"

"Okay, thank you," I said and tapped her shoulder lightly.

She hummed as acknowledgement and continued on her journey to wherever. I also resumed my journey to Yinka's room.

I can understand last night's anger... but till this morning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the whole the entire time I worked, I didn't see Yinka anywhere around the house. It was probably for the best because I was able to work without any distractions. I wasn't sure I'd get to meet him by the end of my work and I wasn't going to text him asking where he was or when he'd be getting back. If we weren't going to see today, there's always going to be another time.

I'd just finished ironing a heap of Mrs. Coker's clothes and my shoulders were sore. I exited his parent's room and was about to head down the stairs when he appeared at the bottom of the stairs. His eyes met mine for a split second before he dropped them to the floor and made his way up.

"Hey" I greeted him in a low voice.

Instead of a response, I was met with silence as he breezed past me not even giving me as much as an eye contact. He strolled down the hallway to his room with his hands stuffed in his pocket.

Did he just ignore me? Or wasn't I audible enough?

"Uh, hello. Excuse you?" I called after him as I chased after him

Again, I was given no response whatsoever. He focused on taking off his jacket, shoes and accessories as I stood there like an invisible entity. The silence was beginning to get to me and irritation slowly seeped through my veins.

I narrowed my lids at him as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Yinka? I'm talking to you"

No response. Just silence with the exemption of the rustle of fabric as he took off his shirt.

"You're seriously ignoring me, for real?" I scoffed and muttered under my breath. "I can't believe how childish you're being"

He walked over to his wardrobe with his shirt and jacket in one hand and began to rummage through his clothes. He pulled out a couple more T-shirts, rolled them all up into a ball and threw them at me.