Chapter Fifty-four

Olivia<3: Hi. Where are you guys?

Dhanvi73: Hi from Nepal🇳🇵

Chioma Peace: 👋♥️♥️

Thelma Dee: Are you guys on a date?

Mia34: Hello. Much love from Australia🇦🇺

Febbielovesyou: My favourite people. I love you guys

Hobisprite: Neye, where have you been?

Busola Ade: Neye, you look pretty😍

I propped Yinka's phone against my black purse and leaned back so my face was fully visible. I glanced around the mall and caught a few eyes thrown in my direction. I looked ahead to check Yinka and Oluchi's progress at the food stall. Yinka had an elbow propped against the counter and my sister pointed at some dish on the overhead menu. They were still ordering food.

I returned to the YouTube live stream which was solely Yinka's idea yet I was the one left alone to host it.

"Hi, guys" I gave a little wave to the camera. I released an awkward chuckle. "I'm sorry if I'm not doing this right. I'm just waiting for Yinka to come back and take over from me. He's ordering food by the way"

Hoyindarmola65: You can just talk to us. Are you guys on a date?

"Yeah, that's precisely what I'm going to do now. Uhm... No, not really. My sister is here as well so I'm not sure this would qualify as the kind of date you guys have in mind" I said, folding my arms atop the table and leaning forward a bit.

I glanced up again and the duo was still where I last saw. I made a few eye contacts as I returned my attention to the live stream.

I chuckled and lowered my head like I was about to whisper to them. "People are staring at me. They're probably wondering why I'm talking to myself"

Peace Obi: 😂😂😂

Busola Ade: What are you guys up to?

"Uh... So I've been AWOL for a while now and that's because I was taking exams and some other stuff. Anyways, now that all of that is over and I'm on a break, Yinka decided we go out and unwind, kind of—" I looked up to find Yinka and Oluchi approaching our table with trays in their hands. "—Oh, good. They're back"

I pulled my purse forward along with the phone to make room for the trays. I peered into the trays once they were set down to get a glimpse of what took them so long at the counter. Yinka had a plate of Jollof rice, fried rice and fried fish with a side serving of salad. My sister had just Jollof rice and chicken on her plate with salad and fried plantain.

I, on the other hand, wasn't in the mood for proper food. I just didn't feel hungry so I opted for chicken and chips. The trays were all accompanied by a bottle of table water and soda.

"Thank you," I said to Yinka and pulled my tray closer to me.

He moved his chair closer to mine so he could show up in the camera range. My sister made it clear when Yinka talked about live streaming that she wouldn't want to appear in the stream. That being made clear, she remained seated opposite me and away from the whole YouTube shenanigans.

"Hey, guys. What's good?" he said as he settled down on his seat.

He put his arm around my chair and leaned in towards me but his eyes remained on the phone. I gave him a brief side look that he didn't catch and returned to the phone.

"Uhm, as I was saying, we're just here to relax after all that stress. We'd probably catch a movie late—"my words faltered as Yinka began to play with my hair, running his finger along the ridges of my cornrows, lightly brushing against my earlobes.