Chapter Six

I could feel Yinka's scrutinizing gaze on me as I cleaned his room. He normally would leave the room whenever I came up to clean in order for him not to get in my way. Today was different though because he remained rooted on his bed swiping through his phone.

I placed the mop into the mopping bucket after the last wipe on the tiled floor. I headed over to the corner beside Yinka's wardrobe where his dirty laundry bag was kept and grabbed the bag. I was about heading for the door when Yinka stopped me.

"Hey" he called out

"Yes?"

"Come and take a look at this" he said holding up his phone.

I dropped the laundry bag on the floor next to the door before walking up to him. He passed the phone to me and I barely glanced at the screen before looking back at him.

"They are comments" I stated unsure why he was showing me.

"Did you even read any of them?" He asked

I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I took another look at the screen, this time making an effort to actually read the comments.

Anna B - who was the girl in the first video?
                 50 likes - 4 comments

James Tuff - Only the real ones know that this video was re-uploaded.
                116 likes - 13 comments

Obi Sharon - Gather here, if you want another video on the 'mystery' girl.
                343 likes - 42 comments

I didn't look at the other comments because I had already gotten the drift. To be honest, I didn't know what reaction he expected from me because I couldn't care less.

"So?..." I said indifferently, handing the phone back to him.

"What do you mean by 'so'? People for some reason want to see you in another video and those comments are not the only ones, I have quite a few in my Instagram dms" he said

"That's too bad" I said turning to leave

"Wait... hold on" He said rising from his bed. "You don't want to feature in one of my YouTube videos?"

"Nope" I stated popping the 'p'

"Why?" He asked incredulously.

He was obviously surprised that I wasn't jumping at the opportunity to feature on his channel, after all he was quite popular with over a million subscribers.

"For one, I'm your maid. I work for you an--"

"You work for my parents" he corrected

"Same thing" I stated

He looked like he was going to object but then decided against it.

"Two, I'd like for my private life to keep remaining private and lastly, I'm extremely busy; I have school and work so I don't really have time to sit around making a video for YouTube" I continued "I'm sorry"

He was quiet for awhile before nodding. " I understand"

I grabbed the laundry bag along with the mopping equipment and hightailed out of there before it got awkward.

Me ... YouTube video. Nah, I can't see myself doing that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the copiously filled lecture hall. The lecturer was yet to arrive and so the lecture hall was utterly rowdy and noisy.

Looking into the hall from the entrance, I could barely see any empty seats not that I was worried. I trusted that my friends had saved up a seat for me. All that was left was to locate them in the midst of the crowd.