Chapter Forty-seven

I pushed open the door to Yinka's bedroom and found him pacing with his phone by his ear. He turned around at my entry, sent a subtle smile my way and returned to his conversation. I walked in quietly and set down the cleaning equipment in a corner before making my way to his messy bed.

I made sure to clear the bed for any devices or fragile items before tugging on the corners of the bedsheet. It was due for a change. As I rolled the used bedsheet into a ball, I watched Yinka talk on the phone, his face beaming with excitement.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, of course" he said, running his fingers over his hair. His British accent was more pronounced as he spoke so it was clear he was talking to one of his contacts from there. "That would be great... Mm-hmm... yeah. Okay, bye. Thank you"

He let his hand drop to his side as he gave me a big smile. His vibrant energy was slowly becoming infectious.

"Well, you seem excited" I pointed out, throwing the rolled-up bedsheet towards the equipment in the corner.

"I am excited" he enunciated the 'am' with more emphasis.

Holding up a smile, I lifted my brows indicating that he share the good news. He lifted his phone to his eyes and began to tap and scroll through it. I waited patiently as he went through his phone till he walked up to me, holding out his phone.

"What is it?" I chuckled lightly, taking the phone.

I assumed it was something I could easily grasp at first glance but when I was met with an email, I gave him a brief look before returning to the phone screen.

This must be something big.

I released a short breath, took in a long one and began to read every line of the email carefully. I was taking my time with it until my eyes stopped at a name that made my breath hitch and my eyes immediately flew to Yinka's.

"Davido?--" I asked, excitement slowly building up within me.

I awaited some kind of verbal response but he maintained his previous grin, more like it grew wider but that was it.

"Wait, for real?" Eyes widened, I waved the fingers of my free hand rapidly, motioning for him to say something.

He chuckled and then nodded. "Yeah"

"Oh my God" I clasped my hand over my now agape mouth. "Wait, this is not a prank right?" I dropped my hands and began to scan around the room for his camera.

He laughed and took hold of my upper arm, securing me in a place. "Why would it be a prank?"

"I don't know, you've always joked about pranking me. Who knows what you have in mind? I don't want to get all excited and then you tell me it's a prank. It wouldn't be funny" I said

"It's not a prank" he stated firmly. "I would never joke about something like this"

"So, it's real?" I asked once again.

He nodded. "As real as can be"

I released an excited squeal as I threw myself into his arms. I felt the vibrations in his chest as he chuckled, encircling his arms around my frame. I pulled away and looked down at his phone in my hands, calming myself down enough to finish the email.

Long information cut short, Davido's team or entertainment group reached out to him, concerning one of his popular songs. They wanted to do a remix with him. A remix with Davido would be a boost in his career, as far as Africa was concerned. It was a great way to expose him to a wider audience than he originally has, and pave the way to future collaborations.