Chapter Thirty-nine

A/N: There would be a part in the chapter where I'd suggest you play the song above to get the full experience. You'd know when to play it when you get there. With that being said, go ahead and enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ba-bye" Oluchi said in a singsong manner, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively

"Bye" I eyed her warily as I pushed the gate close, leaving it for her to lock up.

She shot me a pearly smile and look ahead to Yinka who was seated inside his car then back to me. I followed her eye movement and cocked an eyebrow at her.

"What?"

"Nothing" she shook her head, still holding unto the ridiculous smile on her face

"Only God knows what's doing you" I muttered as I turned and headed for the car.

I pulled the passenger door open and dropped myself into the seat. I shut the door gently, strapped in my seatbelt and looked up to Yinka. He had his arms rested on the staring wheel, holding up his phone as he scrolled through it.

He had on a white, brown, grey and black striped, short-sleeved shirt with a few buttons undone and held down by a pair of sunglasses, teasing onlookers with his tanned chest. He paired it off with white jeans and matching sneakers. He didn't look like he was dressed for a formal venue but he sure did look exquisitely fancy.

I looked down at my own outfit. A plain white t-shirt with the word 'Tired' highlighted at the front and a pair of army green baggy, Capri joggers sealed off with fuzzy white slides. I made zero effort in putting my outfit together. I had long since stopped caring about how I looked around him or the camera.

I pulled the tail of my braids from my back to my shoulders and adjusted the knot securing my high ponytail in place. Yinka finally clicked his phone shut and placed it down in the cupholder between us.

"Set?" he asked, looking at me

"I should be asking you" I replied and he chuckled then pulled the gear from park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For the last time, where are we going?" I groaned out as I sank and slid down my seat

"And like I said the last time and the time before that, you'll see when we get there," he said with a smile, his eyes trained on the road.

I huffed and rolled my eyes far back into my head before pulling up myself and then folding my arms across my chest like a child. He glanced at me for a second and released a hearty chuckle.

I couldn't understand why he was hell-bent on keeping the location undisclosed. After he uploaded the Q and A video, it blew up before the next two days. And when I say blew up, I mean reposted on a lot of Instagram stories, posted on gossip blogs and pages. It was almost everywhere.

The funniest thing was the fact that everyone was so hung up on the fact that I was his maid, or housekeeper as Yinka clearly put it. I guess it wasn't a common sight to behold. The captions on the gossip pages and blogs were point-blank hilarious. LONDON BASED NIGERIAN ARTISTE NURSING A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS MAID? NIGERIAN MAN AND HIS MAID SHARING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!! Click here to read this story...

There were all sorts of headlines, just to make their story catchy and juicy enough to pull in readers. Yinka's Instagram followers shot up to 2 million from 1.7 million. Luckily for me, I had already gone private on Instagram because somehow people discovered my account. I wasn't following Yinka and vice versa just to avoid people linking us but it turns out some people are detectives when it comes to social media. My follow request list was overflowing with requests from a bunch of unknown people.