Chapter Forty-nine

The sun had gown down and the night was slowly taking over. As I got down from my cab just in front of the club, I drew in and released a shaky breath. With a few minutes of mental preparation and cajoling, I made my way to the entrance of the club.

Getting into the club and directed to the private section where Yinka's party was held wasn't as tedious as I thought it would be. I was ushered into the private quarters by the out-front bouncers just by showing them the electronic IV on my phone.

The loud booming music and dim neon lights greeted me as I walked in. My next observation was the appearance of the crowd before me; most of the girls in the crowd were scantily clad in colourful short dresses that hugged every curve on their body and had mermaid long tresses swaying around as they sauntered around the place.

Two girls in tight, short dresses in high pointed heels breezed past me and I began to feel a bit self-conscious in my outfit. I tucked a piece of my blunt cut behind my ear and glanced down at my black palazzo and tight fitted, long-sleeved nude top. It was actually a crop top but the palazzo was high-waist so a thin line of my tummy was visible. I paired my outfit with a pair of nude slippers that had the tiniest heels attached to them.

I weaved through the slightly intoxicated crowd in search of any signs of Yinka or his friends. The sooner I saw him and he was aware of my appearance, the better I would feel. At the moment, I was lost in the midst of perfect strangers. I had extended the invite to my friends but knowing them, they wouldn't be arriving anytime soon.

A hand clamped unto my shoulder, giving me a bit of a fright. I turned around to find Yinka grinning at me. He had on an all-white outfit, top and bottom with the exception of a black leather jacket. He looked attractively handsome.

"Hey, you made it" he yelled over the music as he pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah!"

"You look amazing" he held unto my arms and moved backwards to get a good look at my appearance

"Thank you," I said as I fought back the smile that made its way to my face. "You look great as well"

"I always do" he tugged on the ends of his jacket with a cocky smile resulting in an eye roll on my end.

"You take compliments very humbly"

He chuckled and took my hands in his as he led me to God knows where. I couldn't see where we were going as I trudged behind him, weaving through people. He came to an abrupt stop causing me to come crashing into his back.

"Sorry," I said as I moved over to his side.

The reason for the abrupt stop was ahead of me, dressed in a short, red circle printed, laced up bodycon dress. The dress was laced up in the front so a good amount of her breasts were on display and as Prisca flipped her platinum blonde tress behind her, they jiggled.

Her eyes travelled down to our interlocked hands and then back to us. She tried to hide the scowl that appeared on her face but she was about five seconds too late. I wasn't sure if Yinka would want his friends to know about us, whatever we were so I attempted to pull away.

My fingers were almost slipping away from his when he noticed and pulled back, tightly interlocking them. I was slightly taken aback by the gesture and the heat that went up to my face was warm enough to reheat a dish. I bit my inner cheeks to prevent myself from grinning like an excited child.

Relax.

"Dee just arrived and he's looking for you" Prisca informed him

"Uh, really? He's at our table right?" he pointed off in said table direction.