Chapter Forty

Yinka's POV

I lodged my pen between my lips and looked up from my notepad as Neye exited the bathroom with cleaning supplies in hand. She walked over to the basket by the door and deposited the supplies into it before dabbing her forehead with the back of her palm.

She placed her hands at the base of her back and bent backwards pushing her stomach forward. She stayed in that position for a few seconds before straightening up and releasing a sigh.

She pulled out her phone from the pockets of her gown and began to scroll through, her eyebrows creased up and relaxed as she typed furiously. She gathered her lips to one side and sucked in the corner of her bottom lips.

I averted my eyes back to my notepad but couldn't help but return them to her face. She had released the bottom lip and had a subtle smile gracing her lips. She clicked her phone shut and stuffed it back into her pockets and looked up. Our eyes met and she wigged her brows playfully at me before chuckling.

She bent to pick up the basket and head out but I called her back.

"What?" she answered, straightening her posture.

"Come here for a minute" I gestured for her to move to me.

She blew out a raspberry and walked over to the side of my bed then placed her hands on her waist. "What?"

I handed my notebook to her. She eyed it cautiously before reluctantly taking it from me. She looked into it and I watched her eyes move from left to right as she mumbled the words that she read. She looked up from the notepad, indicating she was done reading.

She pointed to the notepad. "Is this part of the songs you're working on?"

"Yeah" I nodded. "What do you think? I mean, it's not done yet but still..."

She looked back down at the pad and begun to nod her head. "It looks good"

She motioned with her hands that I scoot over on the bed and I immediately made room for her. She sat down beside me, with one leg folded in a right triangle and the other dangling off the side of the bed.

"Is it going to be like your regular club hit vibe thingy?" she asked, handing over the notepad to me

I chuckled. "Uh, no. Actually, I'm thinking a rhythm and blues kind of vibe"

Her mouth made an 'O' as she nodded. She pulled the notepad closer to her but not out of my grasp and began to re-read the lyrics. I found myself studying her features as she immersed herself into the details of my notepad.

My eyes trailed down from her lowered long eyelashes down the bridge of her long, pointed nose and finally stopped at her lips. I traced the curves of lips to bow at the centre and lowered my gaze to her bottom lips.

I had a strong urge to turn her face to me and seal her lips with mine. I tried averting my eyes and landed on her neck. I watched sweat trailed down her neck from the base of her hair, I gulped hard and took in a deep breath but her scent invaded my senses. That didn't help one bit.

She chuckled and shook her head completely clueless. "I'm just trying to imagine how it'll sound as an RnB song". She lifted her eyes to mine and caught me staring. She narrowed her eyes at me. "What?"

I sucked in air and exhaled. "Nothing"

She eyed me cautiously and rose to her feet.

"Don't you have to meet up with your friends today?" she said as she walked around the bed

I slapped my palm against my forehead. "That's true. Thanks"

"Sure" she replied as she picked up the cleaning basket and exited my room.