Chapter Eight

Yinka's POV

"Abeg, this guy na sly" Ezer stated pointing at a grinning Mide.

"How?" Jamil asked amidst chuckles as he tested his frame on my dressing table.

"Help me and ask him oh" Mide said from the right edge of my bed with a lingering smile.

"Calm down" Ezer replied and then pointed to Mide. "You, I go open your nyash for here" (I'll expose you)

We all laughed.

"Last week, I told this guy to follow me to Ablaze and he was acting like he didn't want to go. I sha persuaded him before he agreed to come along with me" Ezer narrated

"Omo, as we reached the club I told him to get us drinks while I find some babes to keep us company in the VIP area. Aspa, normal now" he continued

"I waited for this fool, I no see am. I come begin dey find am for inside club, left out spot, the babes, everything. Guess where I found him?"

"Where?" I replied from where I was laid on my bed, with my back leaning against the head board.

"He was about to leave the club with one curvy babe. You see all this calm and collected gentleman thing wey e dey do, all na liee" Ezer said

Mide just laughed and we joined him.

"If you see the way I begged this guy to come with me, e come be like say na force I force am" Ezer said. (It was almost like I forced him)

"Mide, Mide. We didn't know you're like that oh" Jamil teased and we burst into laughter

Jamil and I go way back to secondary school, we were like two peas on a pod. Olumide and Ebenezer joined the squad when we got into the university. We all became close knit for the little time I spent in the university before going abroad.

Ebenezer was the typical son of a billionaire. His father dealt in the import and export of goods and was well known for it. Ezer didn't bother his self with his father's business neither did he have one of his own. He busied himself with clubbing, partying and just living his life on his own accord.

Olumide also came from a rich home as well. Infact, we all did. His father had chains of hotels and five star restaurants but none of that interested Mide. Mide had actually gotten into the university with the intention of becoming a medical doctor as his father wished. All that went through the drain, when Mide fell in love with art and photography. He ended up changing his course of study which caused a huge rift between him and his father but being an only child, his father had no choice but to accept his choices.

It was so obvious, the difference between Ezer and Mide, personality and physical feature wise. Mide was solidly built, buff and light skinned while Ezer had a lean build, toned muscles and dark skinned. Although they both shared the same tall height of about 6'1.

Jamil, on the other hand, was the true son of his father, following in his business footsteps. He worked as the right hand man in his father's investment company. Jamil, being single, rich and extremely good looking had a ladies lined up to be with him.

I always thought girls were more fascinated with the idea of being with a mixed guy, his wealth was just an added advantage. His mother was lebanese and he got most of his physical features from her. His black shiny curls, tall height and dark skin was gotten from his Nigerian father.

"So, where are we going today?" Ezer asked

"Uh... We'll hit RMC's hangout spot for a while and then head to the Ablaze" I said

Ever since I got back from the UK, I had been clubbing, flexing and going from one meet up to the other. I had actually returned to take a break from the stressful cycle of work, unwind, maybe even get inspiration to write more songs leisurely and most importantly, to see my parents.

"Kay, that's fine" Jamil said

"I'll be vlogging the entire time so please behave" I said, more to Ezer.

"Ah ahn, why are you looking at me?" Ezer shot back

"Cause I know you" I replied and he just laughed.

At that moment, a knock sounded at my door. I gave permission for whoever to proceed into the room and the door opened to reveal Chineye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chineye's POV

I had an early morning class so I couldn't come in the morning like I preferred. The day had progressed excruciatingly slow and so I was basically on my last iota of strength.

When I walked into Yinka's room and was met with a bunch of guys, I was a little taken aback. I had no idea he was hosting guests, if I did I would have started with his parent's room.

"Good afternoon" I muttered as I stepped in.

I could actually recognise two of the guys in the room. They had attended Yinka's welcome back party along with the blonde wig girl. The last guy on the other hand, I had never seen. He probably didn't make it to the party because if he did, I would've noticed him.

It was hard not to notice someone like him, his non-Nigerian features stood out.

"I'll come back la--" I started to say.

"No, hold on" Yinka held out his hand and then turned to his friends. "I didn't offer you guys anything, what would you like?"

"We're fine"

"What are our options?"

The mixed guy and the tall lean guy said at the same time.

"You know what, just get snacks any drink available" Yinka said

I nodded and walked out of the room.
I had no idea what type of snacks to get or what would be appropriate. I would've appreciated it if he were more specific with his errand. I released a tired sigh thinking of what I could present as I walked to the kitchen.

As I exited the kitchen with a tray of cupcakes, chocolate cookies and two large 5alive juice boxes in my hands, I was met with one of Yinka's friends, the mixed one. It was almost like he was lurking in the living room, waiting for me.

"Hi again" he said falling into step with me as I headed to Yinka's room

"Hello..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say

"I don't believe we were introduced properly" he said and gestured to himself. "I'm Jamil"

"Okay?..."

He chuckled. "I believe this is where  you tell me your name"

What's happening right now?

"Oh sorry" I said with a slight smile. "My name is Chineye"

"Chineye" he repeated. "That's a really beautiful name"

A snorty laughter escaped my lips before I could even try to suppress it. My hands were occupied so I couldn't cover my mouth, I had to fold my lips and try to contain myself.

"What?" Jamil asked rather amused at my reaction.

"That line is very popular. Even I, who has the name doesn't think much of it" I blurted out.

After uttering my statement, I instantly regretted it. I wasn't one to bite my tongue when I had something in mind. It was a trait that I had mixed feelings about, sometimes I loved that about me and other times I didn't.

I had to consciously remind myself to hold back for peaceful coexistence and there were times I was successful in holding my piece. Right now wasn't one of them.

Jamil didn't take offence to my response instead he just laughed.

"I don't know what to say to that" he said as he scratched his beard briefly. "You're funny tho. I like that"

I was back to the point where I had no idea how to respond so I just kept my mouth shut. Luckily, Yinka's room was in sight so I slightly increased my pace to avoid awkwardness.

Jamil matched my pace in order to help me with the door since my hands were full.

"Thank you" I muttered as I stepped in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my lovelies, I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
I'd love to know your thoughts on this chapter.

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE