Chapter Thirty

A/N: That's not her above but just a picture of the hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With every passing minute, my rash decision to feature on Yinka's YouTube channel seemed like a mistake, especially when he was less than an hour away. I blew a raspberry from my lips as I walked away from my phone to my full-length mirror.

I've already agreed to it. Might as well see it to the end.

I scanned my appearance from head to toe. I had on an army green cotton front wrap long-sleeved top and a pair of blue skinny jeans paired off with a grey flat sneaker. I twisted from side to side assessing the outfit, my freshly made honey blonde, waist-length braids with platinum blonde highlights swayed behind me.

This looks fine.

I sighed in satisfaction and then stirred my attention to my face. I just went in with my regular skin tone's face powder, a quick swipe of mascara on my sparse lashes, a subtle winged eyeliner and a light dab of lip gloss.

Should I have done more? I mean, I'm appearing on a YouTube channel with over a million subscribers. I should do more, right?

I wish I could do more, to be honest, but my make-up abilities were limited. In fact, this was the best I could do. It was really easy for me to pick up things and if I put my mind to it, I could perfect my makeup skills with just one or two tutorial videos.

Anyways, it is what is. I'll just make do with what I have.

It took Yinka three days to decide on what the video content would be suitable. We settled on shooting the video on a Saturday because I'd most likely be free and he could use Sunday to edit. He was going to shoot a regular vlog and we would go bowling, just to make things interesting.

The video would mostly focus on him and I would just tag along. According to him, it was the best option since it was my first time appearing on YouTube; that way I wouldn't have to do much and I can just be myself.

Oluchi stirred in her bed, her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me.

"You look good" she commented still half asleep

"Thank you" I replied with a smile.

It was rare for my sister to genuinely compliment my appearance without seeking it.

I turned over to the mirror, assessing my face once more. "Do you think I should line my lips or just leave it as it?"

I looked over my shoulder when I received no response from her. She had already settled back into dreamland. I walked over to her and lightly tapped her shoulders.

She lazily pried her eyes open and grumbled. "What?"

"Should I line my lips or not? My lips are naturally dark so..." I said, hovering over her

"Mtchew" she sighed, clearly irritated. "Do whatever you want."

And with that, she turned to her side and settled back to sleep.

I eyed her sleeping frame. Annoying girl.

Two loud beeps pulled me out of my static state. I rushed over to the window, pulled the curtain slightly back and peeped out the window to find Yinka's car pulling into the front of my place.

Eweeey.

I quickly dashed over to my reading table where my very few makeup products were splattered across. I picked up an eye pencil and outlined the shape of my lips, then smacked them together. I tilted my head from side to side, my eyes trained on the cupid's bow of my lips.