Chapter Thirty-seven

"Are you ready now?" I said as I heard the door to Yinka's bathroom open and then close, not bothering to look up from my phone.

"Give me a minute"

I rolled onto my stomach on the bed, placed my phone down and looked up to find Yinka shirtless. He had on just grey sweatpants that weren't even fastened at the waist and holding in his hands the white t-shirt he had on not long ago.

I averted my eyes quickly back to the bed and slowly grabbed my phone. "Why is your shirt not on your body? We are about to shoot"

I heard his footfalls move towards his wardrobe and as I suspected, I heard the soft whirr of the wardrobe being pulled open.

"Need to change the shirt. I'm not feeling it" he replied

I chuckled. "You're taking more time to get ready than I do"

He blow out a raspberry and scoffed. I heard some more shuffling of clothes in the wardrobe and then the soft thud of the wardrobe being shut.

"How's this?"

I reluctantly looked back up and justifying my inner worry, he was still shirtless. He had a black plain shirt with a dull white graphic held up. He had an eyebrow raised, awaiting my response, clearly not catching unto my slight discomfort.

"Uh... it's fine, I guess" I said with shaky eyes and then reverted them to my phone.

This was not my first time seeing him shirtless, neither was it my second, nor third, nor fourth- you get my drift. He preferred sleeping without a shirt so whenever I came to work early in the morning and he was already out at the gym, I'd sometimes run into him shirtless.

Speaking of gyms, it was really doing him some good. He was acquiring some buff in his chest area. I only caught a quick glance and couldn't help but notice the guns he carried as arms. Good God. I mean, he had always been toned but now... he was far more... healthy. That's the word I'll use.

Why am I even thinking about this?

Normally, I couldn't be bothered if he wore a shirt or not because I didn't really care. But right now, I couldn't even hold eye contact with him which was weird. For some reason, it just felt wrong to look at him in that state.

I busied myself, mindlessly scrolling through my phone. I think I opened my WhatsApp about three times without even reading a single chat. Seconds later, I felt the side of the bed dip and an intense wave of Yinka's cologne hit me.

"Okay, I'm ready" he announced

I cleared my throat and clicked my phone shut then began to sit up. "Okay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No..." I slapped my hand across my mouth, wide-eyed.

Yinka chuckled.

I was looking down at a picture of a young Yinka, probably fifteen or sixteen years old at the time. He had on a black polo and extremely tight skinny jeans that was fastened by a belt slightly below his waist. He had on a snapback that was turned to the back on his head and two fingers, substituting as a gun pointed at his head. To crown off the picture was his tucked in lips, squinted eyes and slightly bent posture, portraying a mediocre look of an IT boy.

We were reacting to some old pictures of his that he found on an old laptop he used to have. The pictures consisted of a handful of his cute baby stages, a few toddler stages and the rest were from his scrawny teenage days.

My reactions went from cooing to straight-up laughing my organs out. I couldn't even care less if he was embarrassed. My old pictures weren't the best either, especially my high school stage when I had to cut my hair but I wasn't the one under scrutiny.