Chapter Sixty-three

S/N: You can use the above playlist for this chapter.

Yinka's POV

It'd been a while since I had attended house parties and being honest, I didn't miss it. I stood over the balcony, overlooking the grooving bodies by the glistening blue pool. For someone who loved music and the feel of loud beats booming in my chest, I felt bored. I would honestly take a quiet night of gaming in my living room over this.

I sensed the looming presence of a body on my right side before I saw whoever it was. I angled my body to face the person, just in time for them to speak out, introducing themselves.

"Hi, I'm Angela," a fair, skinny girl with a face full of makeup, slightly blotted with sweat waved at me. "We are big fans. Can we take a picture with you?" she gestured to her friend who latched unto her arm, avoiding eye contact.

I straightened my posture and put on a welcoming smile. "Sure"

In a split second, Angela was by my side, leaving her friend to take pictures. After a few decent shots, they swapped positions. I maintained a courteous smile despite the bright flashes of light from the camera, the area was a bit dark, and so it was as expected. They thanked and waved goodbye once satisfied and then disappeared into the crowd. Probably in search of another celebrity.

This party had chunks of them; upcoming artistes, social media influencers, a few rising actresses, models and popular YouTubers. The party was a socializing hub. People were either dancing, drinking or taking pictures with and of their favourite celebrities.

"Bro," I felt a hand clamp unto my left shoulder and Mide moved into my line of sight. "I was surprised when you told me you were going to come"

"Omo, I was surprised myself" I replied as we exchanged a back-smacking hug.

He pushed his head back a little and studied my hair. "You dyed your hair," he commented, still observing my hair. "You know for a moment I almost didn't recognize you"

"Yeah, I was itching for a new look" I ran a hand over the milky blonde waves of my head. Despite Neye's opinion on the rigours of managing the hair colour, I still decided to go for it. The moment it proved to be too much of a hassle, I'd colour it deep blue. I tipped my jaw to him. "What's good with you?"

"You know, the usual" he sighed and stuffed his hands into the pocket of his light blue trousers. "My schedule's packed for the next two months"

"Oshey, Big man movement" I hailed, throwing my hands up in the air.

He rolled his eyes whilst nursing a small smile. "Naso. Oh yeah, Jamil said--" his words hung in the air as he stopped to pick two glasses of wine from a passing server. He handed me a glass and took a small sip out of his glass. "Jamil said he'd be late and you mustn't leave before he gets here"

I clicked my teeth as I brought my glass to my lips. "As I expected. Clingy bastard"

Mide almost spat out his drink as he fought back laughter. "Ehn, what did you say?"

I didn't get to respond as our space was infiltrated by a tall, sturdy man who had Prisca's arm linked to his. "Hi boys" Prisca greeted us with a sugary smile.

"Hey" Mide and I replied before exchanging curious looks at each other as we settled our gaze on Prisca's plus one.

Prisca noticed this open exchange and leaned into the man's side as she gave brief introductions. Her plus one, Mike was introduced as a 'friend'. But, with the way she was pressed up against him, I suspected it was more than that. It was none of my business so I didn't dwell on it.